By J.R. Wilco | Pounding The Rock (PtR), 2026-05-30 12:00:00

美好的事物总有终结的一天,西部决赛以及我与来自《每日雷霆》(Daily Thunder)的克雷·奥尔里德 (Cray Allred) 合作的“与敌共舞”(Fraternizing with the Enemy)系列对话专栏也不例外。在本文中,我们将讨论第六场对决、对决胜局(抢七)的展望,以及迄今为止我们在本轮系列赛中最喜爱的部分。
J.R.
我太兴奋了,因为……又到了挑选陈词滥调的时候了!我们是用“倾其所有”(all the marbles)呢?还是你更喜欢“赢球或者回家”(win or go home)?也许是“用实力说话”(put up or shut up)?或者是“胜者通吃”(winner takes all)?虽然我很喜欢“倾尽全力”(the whole nine yards),但这听起来和美式橄榄球有关(尽管实际上并非如此),而且它更多是关于强度和程度,而不是最终的结局。有了,我想到了:我们要迎来抢七大战,争夺“全部家当”(the whole shebang)。没错,就是这个词。有点轻松,带点俏皮,但很贴切。完美!
说到完美,我觉得第六场(G6)的上半场正是我们在这轮系列赛中一直期待的。它更像第一场(G1),如果说有什么比两支超级强队在四个单节里针锋相对、对攻大战更过瘾的事,那我真想不出来了。如果不能整场都保持这种强度,那有24分钟也足够了。自从两个星期天前那场历经双加时才决出胜负的经典大战之后,我们似乎就一直在将就。
在第五场(G5)有些迷失方向后——当时马刺只有25%的战术能让文班在既能传球也能得分的位置拿到球(即非空接机会)——他们在周四晚上做出了调整,将这一比例提升到了54%。这是一个巨大的转变。我发现,尽管我曾希望维克托·文班亚马 (Victor Wembanyama) 能像G1那样继续在禁区翻江倒海,但圣安东尼奥马刺设计了足够多精妙的战术,以至于我并没有因为他没能一直待在禁区而感到遗憾。
不幸的是,雷霆在客场丢掉了准星,这让我们无缘见证另一场载入史册的经典对决。不过两队最近的客场投篮命中率都惨不忍睹,而且我也不指望这种情况能在抢七大战中有所改观,因为众所周知,抢七大战的命中率通常都很低——每个人都会倾其所有,因为对于输家来说,已经“没有明天”了。哎呀,第一段里的陈词滥调不小心溜出来一个。
好了,我很想听听你对上一场比赛的看法,以及你对周六晚上的抢七大战有什么期待。
Cray
天呐,第一场那个双加时感觉就像是上辈子的事了。能和你一起撰文记录这样一轮史诗般的系列赛真是太令人兴奋了,尽管自揭幕战以来,之后的比赛很少再出现拼到最后一刻的情况。
鉴于你提到的原因,如果西部决赛以一场防守铁血绞肉战(rock fight)收尾,我一点也不会感到惊讶。不过,我确实在想,雷霆相对更充沛的体能(遗憾的是,除了杰伦·威廉姆斯 (Jalen Williams) 和阿杰·米切尔 (Ajay Mitchell) 之外)以及马刺的最后一搏,是否会推动我们迎来一个更高水平的收尾。马刺这边没有出现什么会让他们泄气的波折,而雷霆的所有球员也因为上一场的惨败(早早失去悬念)而得到了充分的休息,上场时间都很短。
我不知道是因为我对这轮系列赛研究得太深,还是因为我已经黔驴技穷了,总之我的分析并没有太大变化。以下是我复制粘贴的G6赛前分析,现在看来依然很中肯:
“G5的进攻大爆发掩盖了雷霆防守端的一些裂痕,而正是防守让他们在前四场比赛中咬住了比分。对于马刺来说,面临淘汰的G6应该会给他们带来极大的激励,即使他们已经精疲力竭……文班需要倾尽全力切换到更高的竞技状态,这也是所有伟大球员终将经历的蜕变。迪伦·哈珀 (Dylan Harper) 可能会恢复更多的健康、能量或信心,无论是什么因素在阻碍着他。”
文班、哈珀和马刺的其他拼命三郎们在圣安东尼奥兑现了诺言。而谢伊·吉尔杰斯-亚历山大 (Shai Gilgeous-Alexander)、切特·霍姆格伦 (Chet Holmgren) 以及令人惋惜的“杰威”(JDub) 没能为俄克拉荷马城挺身而出。
这是我在第五场比赛前的看法,那是马刺上一次顽强扳平雷霆的时候:
“在这场势均力敌的系列赛中,我从谢伊和雷霆替补席的反弹能力中汲取了信心,而且季后赛中确实什么疯狂的事情都有可能发生。谢伊一直是雷霆的希望所在,我依然坚信这一点。即使作为唯一的组织核心,SGA也会找到办法找回真正的自己。”
我们以前也遇到过这种情况,而谢伊总能找到解决办法。面对他季后赛生涯中遇到的最强防守对位,他得到的支持比以往任何时候都少。七场比赛的时间足够长,足以让他破解这个防守密码,但现在为时未晚。
我很好奇你是否同意斯蒂芬·卡斯尔 (Stephon Castle) 在第六场比赛后的评估:在你看来,这轮西决是否证明了马刺在“整体上”比雷霆更优秀?还是说,在雷霆几乎整轮系列赛都缺少二号球星的情况下,马刺能与他们抗衡只是因为运气好?
J.R.
每当听到运动员谈论与自信相关的话题时,我首先会提醒自己:这是一个拿工资去在面对往往荒谬的逆境时保持积极态度的人。举个例子,马刺今年在一场比赛的下半场曾落后20分,但最终逆转夺胜。这有多不可思议?当你的投篮屡投不中时,你的记忆力得有多短暂,才能让你继续出手,并且坚信下一个球一定会进?
这也是为什么将我们与职业运动员区分开来的不仅仅是天赋和身材,心态上的差异也是一个重要因素。这就是我用来调味的“氯化钠”(盐),因为有时候仅仅“一小撮盐”是不够的,你需要用“一整座储粮仓”那么多的盐来保持怀疑(意指对卡斯尔的话要大打折扣)。
至于马刺到底是实力使然还是运气使然,我和Old El Paso广告里的那个小女孩持相同观点:为什么不能两者兼而有之呢?一旦圣安东尼奥锁定西部第二,就有很多人议论他们因为缺乏经验而在季后赛走不远。随后,越来越多的NBA分析师开始收回这一观点。但这种唱衰的声音足够大,以至于马刺开始把“缺乏经验”作为自己的武器。他们发表言论称,自己没有任何经验,并为此感到自豪,还说经验被高估了,或者根本不重要。
我想,这种言论的作用,就像当年那些不得不防守迈克尔·乔丹 (Michael Jordan) 的人一样,他们发现把自己当成世界上最好的球员(而不是乔丹)很有用。(我敢肯定弗农·麦克斯维尔 (Vernon Maxwell) 就是这么想的!)毕竟,如果一个人在防守这位“历史最佳”(GOAT)时,心里想的却是自己根本不配跟他同场竞技,那他能防得多好?所以,当我听到卡斯尔(Castle)这么说时,我并不介意,但我也不会当真。当然,圣安东尼奥确实从俄克拉荷马城的伤病中获益了。就像雷霆也从马刺边打边摸索战术体系、以及福克斯 (Fox) 和哈珀的伤病中获益一样。如果不承认这一点,那就太愚蠢了。
说到愚蠢,我发现自己对这场比赛感到兴奋,就像系列赛开始前一样,这其实毫无道理,因为这两支球队已经交手了快两个星期了!到目前为止,你最喜欢这轮系列赛的哪些部分?最不喜欢的又是哪些?
Cray
贾里德·麦凯恩 (Jared McCain) 的砍分高潮,尤其是第三场(G3)。不仅因为他是一位性格和球风都非常讨人喜欢的球员,还因为在伤病和对手的双重逼迫下,雷霆被迫打出了极具侵略性的混乱节奏。麦凯恩原本既不是雷霆轮换阵容的A计划,也不是B计划,但他凭借着无畏的斗志和雷霆急需的持球突破创造力(off the bounce juice),硬生生打进了首发阵容。
就健康状况而言,今年季后赛与雷霆上赛季的常规赛正好相反。在2024-25赛季,切特·霍姆格伦和以赛亚·哈尔滕施泰因 (Isaiah Hartenstein) 缺席了大部分常规赛,而杰威和亚历克斯·卡鲁索 (Alex Caruso) 则带领着打小球的雷霆,继续在前场向全联盟贯彻他们的防守意志。
当其他球队试图通过喂球给大个子来施加身材优势时,这些侧翼球员扮演了“小个子立大功”的角色,而他们的队友则在拼命破坏吊中传球、合球以及逼迫对手在慌乱中把球传出外线。如今,雷霆后场人手短缺,麦凯恩成了令人惊喜的“临危受命者”(next man up)。
当麦凯恩在第三场比赛中一次又一次地顶着科内特 (Kornet) 和文班冲击篮筐时,我简直欣喜若狂。我们这位面带微笑的小王子,实际上是来斩杀巨人的。
谢伊和文班之间短暂的单挑回合也是我的最爱之一,尤其是SGA有几次还晃倒了维克托。我非常希望在激烈的抢七大战最后阶段看到这样的对决。我已经能想象出那个慢动作镜头了:谢伊出手决定胜负的跳投,球险险越过那双张开的长臂——或者看着文班封死空间,让这位“年度关键球员”的英雄球无处遁形。
荣誉提名:以赛亚·哈尔滕施泰因那准得不可思议的彩虹抛投,在文班头顶越飞越高;以及凯森·华莱士 (Cason Wallace) 在全场领防时,从迪伦·哈珀手里粗暴地将球断下。
你最喜欢的瞬间和球员表现是什么?我想很难有什么能与第一场文班那场超凡脱俗的表演相媲美。
J.R.
文班的惊人表现总是引人瞩目,而且他做出我闻所未闻的动作的频率实在令人震惊。他的常规操作是开足马力杀入禁区,然后使出转身动作,在飞过篮板的同时以近乎全速的速度用左手完成终结。而他的超凡操作则是,在半场结束前,他在中圈附近急停,投进了一个43英尺的超远三分——几乎每个和我聊过这个球的人都说,球一出手他们就知道有了。
在系列赛初期,哈珀在受伤前有许多精彩的发挥。虽然伤病让他在第二场到第五场期间的得分能力大打折扣,但随着伤势好转,他的防守和篮板让他得以继续为球队做出贡献。
现在,他似乎又回到了让对方持球人闻风丧胆的状态,在场上的各个角落突破暴扣、急停跳投。
我很喜欢卡斯尔像保龄球一样的冲击打法和他不知疲倦的防守。我也很欣赏德文·瓦塞尔 (Devin Vassell) 精准的投射,以及他对身材高得多的霍姆格伦送出的那些时机恰到好处的盖帽。凯尔登·约翰逊 (Keldon Johnson) 的复苏和活力让马刺一直留在比赛中。而在朱利安·尚帕尼 (Julian Champagnie) 找回投篮手感之前,他的防守和聪明的球商是完美的铺垫(戒托),而他适时的突破得分则是点睛之笔(钻石)。
也许最吸引人的莫过于我们之前讨论过的博弈;而现在到了终极决战,这场博弈变得更加复杂了。雷霆已经制定了整套战术,将文班从弱侧底角拉出来,这样他就无法在对手突破时进行协防;而圣安东尼奥则在罚球时让文班放弃冲抢篮板,直接退防到前场准备发动闪电战,因为完全可以默认谢伊在罚球线上不会失手。最后,马刺在第六场中展现出的新变化——通过早期的定位掩护(flare screen)引出左侧的高位挡拆,创造了一整套雷霆至今尚未证明自己能够防住的得分机会。
这就带我们来到了今天的决胜局。我们将见证是文班再次大杀四方、带领他年轻的球队杀入总决赛,还是雷霆在主场观众面前点燃激情、将客队送回德克萨斯去规划下个赛季。这是顶级篮球智商(BBIQ)和精英级执行力的巅峰对决。虽然我曾希望看到马刺在五场或六场内晋级,但我不能说我对这轮系列赛打满七场感到遗憾。感谢你一路相伴。祝你一切顺利。
由生成式 AI 翻译,译文内容可能不准确或不完整,以原文为准。
点击查看原文:Hoping for a Spurs v. Thunder Game 7 for the ages
Hoping for a Spurs v. Thunder Game 7 for the ages

All good things must come to an end, including the Western Conference Finals and my Fraternizing with the Enemy series of back-and-forth conversations with Cray Allred of the Daily Thunder. We discuss Game 6, or expectations of the deciding game, and what our favorite parts of the series have been so far.
J.R.
I’m so excited because … it’s cliche picking time! Shall we go with all the marbles? Or do you prefer win or go home? Maybe put up or shut up? Possibly winner takes all? While I like the whole nine yards, it sounds football related, even though it isn’t, and that’s more about intensity and extent and less about finality. Here, I’ve got it: we’re headed to Game 7 for the whole shebang. Yeah, that’s the stuff. A little light-hearted, kinda quirky but gets the job done. Perfect!
Speaking of perfect, I feel like the first half of G6 was just what we needed from this series. It was more like G1 and if there’s anything better than two powerhouse squads going blow for blow through four quarters, I don’t know what it is. If I can’t get an entire game of it, 24 minutes will have to do. Seems like we’ve kinda been making do since that gem of a game two Sundays ago when it took two overtimes to decide it.
After kind of losing their way in Game 5, when the Spurs only got Wemby the ball with a chance to both pass or score (i.e. non-lob opportunities) on 25% of their plays, they ratcheted things up and took that stat to 54% on Thursday night. That’s a huge shift and I found that even though I was hoping for Victor to live in the lane again like he did in G1, there were enough clever San Antonio plays that I didn’t miss it.
Unfortunately, OKC’s shooting didn’t travel well which deprived us of another all-timer. But both teams’ road shooting has been disgusting recently, and I don’t know that I can expect that to change since Game 7’s are famously poor-shooting affairs what with everyone emptying the tank because there’s no tomorrow for the losers. Whoops, one of the cliches snuck out of the first paragraph.
Alright, I’m interested in hearing from you about what you saw on the last game, and what kind of game you expect on Saturday night.
Cray
Gosh, that double overtime Game 1 feels like a lifetime ago. It’s been so thrilling to write through such an epic series with you, even if the games haven’t been down to the wire much since that opener.
I wouldn’t be shocked by a rock fight to conclude the Western Conference Finals for the reasons you mention. I do wonder, though, if the relatively fresh legs from the Thunder (for everyone except Jalen Williams and Ajay Mitchell, sadly) and the last gasp from the Spurs could propel us to a more high powered finish. There was no drama that would lead to a letdown for the Spurs, and low minutes were had by all the Thunder players thanks to the blowout.
I don’t know if I’ve studied the series too much or am just out of ideas, but my analysis hasn’t changed much. Here’s my copy/paste pregame analysis of Game 6, which still sounds about right to me:
“Game 5’s offensive explosion masked some cracks in the defense for OKC, which had kept them in the series through four. An elimination Game 6 should be the boost of all boosts for the Spurs, even if they’re gassed…Wemby digging deep to find another gear is something the greats all eventually get around to. Harper could recover more health, or energy, or confidence, whatever combination of those things are holding him back.”
Wemby, Harper, and the jackals delivered for San Antonio. Shai, Chet, and tragically, JDub couldn’t for Oklahoma City.
And here’s where I was at ahead of Game 5, the last time the Spurs clawed back even with the Thunder:
“I’m taking heart in [an even] series, the bounceback capabilities of Shai and the Thunder bench, and the reality that crazy things happen in the playoffs. Shai has always been OKC’s hope, and I still believe. SGA will find a way to look more like himself, even as the sole playmaker.”
We’ve been here before, and Shai has always found a way. He’s got less help than ever, against the most formidable defensive matchup he’s faced in his postseason career. Seven games is a long time for him to crack the code, but it’s not yet too late.
I’m curious if you agree with Stephon Castle’s assessment after Game 6: has the WCF shown the Spurs to be “collectively” better than the Thunder in your eyes, or have they been fortunate to hang with OKC without their second best player virtually all series?
J.R.
The first thing I remind myself of when I hear an athlete talking about something related to confidence is that this is a person that is literally paid to maintain a positive attitude in the face of often ridiculous odds. Here’s an example, the Spurs were down 20 points in the second half of a game this year and came back to win. How ridiculous is that? How incredibly short must your memory be to keep taking shots when they have all been missing, while still expecting that the next one is going to go in?
This is part of the reason that it’s not just talent and size that separates us from professional athletes, there’s a mindset difference that is a big part of the equation. And that’s the kind of sodium chloride that I season with, because sometimes a pinch isn’t enough, and you need to take things with a grain silo of salt.
As far as whether the Spurs have been good or fortunate, I’m with the girl from the Old El Paso ad: Why not both? Once San Antonio had solidified themselves in the second seed in the Western Conference, there was a lot of talk about how they wouldn’t go very far in the playoffs because they lacked experience. And then an increasing number of NBA analysts began backtracking from that point of view. But there was enough noise in that chorus that the Spurs began championing their lack of experience. There were comments made about how they had no experience and they were proud of it and how experiences is overrated or unnecessary.
I guess that kind of talk is helpful in the same way that the guys who had to guard Michael Jordan found it useful to think of themselves as the best players in the world instead of MJ. (I’m certain Vernon Maxwell felt that way!) After all, how successful can someone be trying to defend the goat while thinking that they shouldn’t even be on the court with him? So when I hear Castle say that, I don’t mind, but I’m also not investing in it. Of course San Antonio has benefited from Oklahoma City’s injuries. Just like the Thunder has benefited from San Antonio trying to figure out who they are on the fly and from Fox and Harper being hobbled. To say otherwise would be silly.
Speaking of silly, I feel myself getting excited for the game like I was for the series before it began, which makes no sense as these teams have now being playing each other for almost two weeks! What have been your favorite parts of the series so far, and what have you least enjoyed?
Cray
Jared McCain’s flurries, especially Game 3. Not just because of how lovable a personality and player he is, but because of how chaotic the Thunder have been pushed to play thanks to their injuries and opponent both. McCain was not Plan A, *or* B for the Thunder rotation, but worked his way into the starting rotation with fearlessness and off the bounce juice that they so sorely needed.
This postseason has become an inverse of last regular season for OKC, health-wise. In 2024-25, Chet Holmgren and Isaiah Hartenstein missed huge chunks of the season while JDub and Alex Caruso led the small ball Thunder to keep enforcing their defensive will on the league’s frontcourts.
Those wings played the Mighty Mouse in the House role while their teammates scrapped and clawed at entry passes, gathers, and uh-oh kickouts when other teams fed their big trying to press the size advantage. Now underhanded in the backcourt, McCain has been the surprise next man up.
When McCain repeatedly took Kornet and Wemby to the cup in that Game 3, I was beside myself. Our smiley little prince had in fact come to slay giants.
The brief one-on-one possessions between Shai and Wemby have been another favorite, especially since SGA has tipped Vic over a couple times. I would love to see that matchup down the stretch in a close Game 7. I can already envision the slowmo shot of the ball barely clearing outstretched arms on a Shai jumper to win or lose the game–or to watch Wemby close the gap that looked to be available for the Clutch Player of the Year’s hero shot.
Honorable mentions: Isaiah Hartenstein’s impossibly accurate rainbow floaters skying higher and higher over Wemby, and Cason Wallace’s rude ripped dribbles from Dylan Harper in the full court.
What about your favorite moments and performances? I’d imagine it would be hard for much to come close to that transcendent Wemby Game 1.
J.R.
Wemby’s exploits are always eye-catching, and it really is astounding how often he does something I’ve never seen before. The average play is Wemby going full steam down the lane into a spin move that he finishes while traveling at near full speed with his left hand as he flies past the backboard. The extraordinary play is when he pulls up from half court at the end of a half and nails a 43-footer that nearly everybody I’ve talked to about it says that they knew was good as soon as it left his hand.
Early in the series, there were terrific plays by Harper before his injury largely took him out of his scoring in Games 2 through 5, although his defense and rebounding allowed him to keep contributing as he healed. Now he seems back to terrorizing ball handlers, driving for dunks and pulling up for jumpers all over the floor.
I’ve loved Castle’s bowling ball routine and his relentless defense. I’ve appreciated Vassell’s pinpoint shooting and his perfectly timed blocks on the much taller Holmgren. KJ’s renaissance and energy has kept the Spurs in games. And before Champagnie’s shooting came back around, his defense and intelligent play have been the setting while his timely drives for buckets have been the diamond.
Maybe most of all there’s been the chess match we discussed before; the one that has only gotten more complicated now that we’re at the ultimate game. OKC has installed entire play sets to lift Wemby out of the weak side corner so he can’t help on drives, and San Antonio has pulled Wemby away from rebounding during free throws to the front court prep lightning quick attacks because it’s safe to assume that Shai won’t miss from the line. Finally, the wrinkles that San Antonio unveiled in Game 6 with an early flare screen leading to a high pick and roll from the left side created a whole series of scoring opportunities that OKC have yet to show they can defend.
Which brings us to today’s concluding game where we’ll see if Wemby can go off again and lift his young team into the Finals, or whether OKC thrills their home crowd and sends the visitors back to Texas to plan for next season. It’s peak BBIQ and elite execution and while I wanted to see the Spurs advance after 5 or 6, I can’t say I’m sorry it’s come down to the best of seven. Thanks for accompanying me on the journey. All the best to you.
By J.R. Wilco, via Pounding The Rock