[SAEN] 马刺球员哈里森·巴恩斯向退役的丹尼·格林致敬

By Jeff McDonald, Staff writer | San Antonio Express-News (SAEN), 2024-10-11 15:11:23

由生成式人工智能翻译,译文内容可能不准确或不完整,以原文为准。

图片
2024年10月7日,德克萨斯州圣安东尼奥,在弗罗斯特银行中心举行的NBA季前赛中,圣安东尼奥马刺队前锋哈里森·巴恩斯(Harrison Barnes)(40号)在对阵俄克拉荷马雷霆队的比赛中被宣布为首发球员。

马刺队前锋哈里森·巴恩斯对那个夜晚记忆犹新。

那是2012年,他刚结束在北卡罗来纳大学的大学一年级赛季。丹尼·格林(Danny Green),巴恩斯的老朋友和北卡罗来纳大学校友,在结束了他在马刺队的第一个完整NBA赛季后回到了校园。

巴恩斯犯了一个致命的错误,他向格林发起了深夜一对一比赛的挑战。

“他把我打得落花流水。”巴恩斯说。

那一刻让巴恩斯意识到自己还需努力,当时他正在考虑参加NBA选秀。

在格林手下惨败并不是巴恩斯回到焦油踵队再战一个赛季的唯一原因,但这肯定加强了他的想法。

“你想想你要和所有这些家伙交手,”巴恩斯说,“而我连丹尼·格林都打不过。”

周五,在格林宣布结束15个赛季的职业生涯退役后,巴恩斯在马刺队的训练后回忆起这段往事。

37岁的格林,其中八个赛季都在马刺队度过,并随队在2014年赢得总冠军。他还分别在2019年和2020年随多伦多猛龙队和洛杉矶湖人队夺冠。

作为北卡罗来纳大学的校友,格林和巴恩斯在各自的NBA职业生涯中关系密切。巴恩斯说,在周四格林宣布退役后,他特意联系了格林。

“我想到了我从他身上学到的所有东西,”巴恩斯说。“他一直是一个关心我的人,我可以向他寻求建议。他是一位挚友。”

巴恩斯在成为北卡罗来纳大学球员之前很久就是球队的球迷。他记得自己在2009年NCAA全国锦标赛上为格林所在的焦油踵队加油助威。

2012-13赛季,巴恩斯是金州勇士队的新秀,而格林所在的马刺队在季后赛第二轮淘汰了勇士队,最终进入总决赛。

“当你回顾他的职业生涯,你会发现他始终如一地保持着胜利,”巴恩斯说。“这是他总能找到方法影响比赛的证明。”

保罗在圣安东尼奥如鱼得水

克里斯·保罗(Chris Paul)正式加入马刺队还不到两周时间。这位全明星控球后卫已经代表球队参加了一场季前赛。

到目前为止,他发现马刺队作为NBA模范球队的声誉并非浪得虚名。

“我认为,每当你更换球队或进入一个新环境时,你都会好奇地想看看,抛开篮球,这里的人是什么样的,”保罗说。“这是一群很棒的家伙。在这种情况下,打篮球就更加有趣了。”

现年39岁的保罗在休赛期与马刺队签署了一份为期一年、价值1050万美元的合同。圣安东尼奥是他19年名人堂职业生涯的第六站,此前他曾在新奥尔良、洛杉矶快船队、休斯顿火箭队、俄克拉荷马雷霆队、菲尼克斯太阳队和金州勇士队效力。

图片
2024年10月9日,在弗罗斯特银行中心举行的NBA季前赛中,圣安东尼奥马刺队主教练格雷格·波波维奇(Gregg Popovich)在上半场与后卫克里斯·保罗交谈。圣安东尼奥以107-97战胜奥兰多。

“过去几年里我换过很多次球衣了,”保罗说。

保罗对在圣安东尼奥打球的初步印象很好。

“这里每个人都是好人,”保罗说。“每个人都很努力,每个人都希望看到彼此获胜,所以每天来体育馆都很开心。”

约翰逊的损失也是Buc-ee’s的损失

六年级前锋凯尔登·约翰逊(Keldon Johnson)在夏天减重10磅,以达到他所说的“一生中最好的状态”,这让其他马刺球员惊叹不已。

当然,这种减重并非没有一点痛苦。

为了达到理想的体重,约翰逊不得不放弃他经常光顾的Buc-ee’s,这是一家总部位于德克萨斯州的连锁便利店,以其各种零食而闻名。

“不能再去Buc-ee’s了,”约翰逊说。“你必须做出牺牲。”

身高6英尺5英寸的约翰逊曾经给自己起了个绰号叫“大块头”,他这次参加训练营时的体重为215磅。

如果这是他想要的结果,他不后悔拒绝了Buc-ee’s。

“我很享受我现在的生活方式,”约翰逊说。“以及我作为一个职业球员的饮食和行为方式。”

图片
2024年10月7日,德克萨斯州圣安东尼奥,在弗罗斯特银行中心举行的NBA季前赛上半场,圣安东尼奥马刺队前锋哈里森·巴恩斯(40号)将球传给圣安东尼奥马刺队前锋朱利安·尚帕尼(Julian Champagnie)(30号)(图中未显示)。

图片
2024年10月7日,德克萨斯州圣安东尼奥,在弗罗斯特银行中心举行的NBA季前赛上半场,圣安东尼奥马刺队前锋哈里森·巴恩斯(40号)带球冲向篮筐,俄克拉荷马雷霆队前锋杰伦·威廉姆斯(Jalen Williams)(8号)防守他。

图片
2024年10月7日,德克萨斯州圣安东尼奥,在弗罗斯特银行中心举行的NBA季前赛下半场,圣安东尼奥马刺队中锋维克托·文班亚马(Victor Wembanyama)(1号)和前锋哈里森·巴恩斯(40号)在观看队友对阵俄克拉荷马雷霆队的比赛时交谈。马刺队以107-112负于雷霆队。

图片
2024年10月7日,德克萨斯州圣安东尼奥,在弗罗斯特银行中心举行的NBA季前赛下半场,圣安东尼奥马刺队后卫克里斯·保罗(3号)、中锋维克托·文班亚马(1号)、前锋哈里森·巴恩斯(40号)和前锋凯尔登·约翰逊(0号)在观看队友对阵俄克拉荷马雷霆队的比赛时交谈。马刺队以107-112负于雷霆队。

图片
2024年10月9日,在弗罗斯特银行中心举行的NBA季前赛上半场,圣安东尼奥马刺队前锋哈里森·巴恩斯(40号)在奥兰多魔术队后卫杰伦·萨格斯(Jalen Suggs)(4号)面前投篮。圣安东尼奥以107-97战胜奥兰多。

点击查看原文:Spurs' Harrison Barnes salutes retired Danny Green

Spurs’ Harrison Barnes salutes retired Danny Green

San Antonio Spurs forward Harrison Barnes (40) is announced as a starter in the pre-season NBA match-up against the Oklahoma City Thunder at Frost Bank Center on Monday, Oct. 7, 2024, in San Antonio, Texas.

Spurs forward Harrison Barnes remembers the night well.

He was just coming off his freshman season at North Carolina in 2012. Danny Green, an old friend and former UNC alum, was back on campus following his first full NBA season with the Spurs.

Barnes made the fatal mistake of challenging Green to a late-night game of one-on-one.

“He absolutely torched me,” Barnes said.

The moment was a humbling one for Barnes, who had considered entering the NBA draft.

His drubbing at the hands of Green wasn’t the only reason Barnes returned for a second season with the Tar Heels, but it certainly helped reinforce the case.

“There you are thinking about all the guys you’re going to play against,” Barnes said, “and I can’t even beat Danny Green.”

Barnes recalled the story after Spurs practice Friday, a day after Green announced his retirement after 15 seasons.

Green, 37, spent eight of those seasons with the Spurs, winning a championship with the team in 2014. He also won titles with Toronto in 2019 and the Los Angeles Lakers in 2020.

As former North Carolina products, Green and Barnes became close over the course of their respective NBA careers. Barnes said he made a point to reach out to Green after Thursday’s retirement announcement.

“I think of all the things I’ve learned from him,” Barnes said. “He’s always a guy who has looked out for me, who I could go to for advice. He’s a dear friend.”

Barnes was a North Carolina fan long before he was a North Carolina player. He remembers cheering Green as part of the Tar Heels’ 2009 NCAA national championship squad.

Barnes was a rookie on the 2012-13 Golden State team that Green’s Spurs defeated in the second round of the playoffs en route to a Finals berth.

“When you look at his journey, the thing that has been consistent with is he’s been a winner,” Barnes said. “It’s a testament to his ability to find a way to always make an impact.”

Paul at home in SA so far

Chris Paul has officially been on the job with the Spurs for a little less than two weeks now. The All-Star point guard has appeared in one preseason game with the club.

So far he has found the Spurs’ reputation as a model NBA organization to be well-founded.

“I think any time you change teams or go to a new situation, you’re curious to see how people are as people, aside from basketball,” Paul said. “This is such a good group of guys. When that’s the case, that makes basketball even more fun.”

The 39-year-old Paul signed a one-year, $10.5 million contract to join the Spurs in the offseason. San Antonio is his sixth stop in an 19-year, Hall-of-Fame bound career that also included tenures in New Orleans, in Los Angeles with the Clippers plus Houston, Oklahoma City, Phoenix and Golden State.

San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich talks to guard Chris Paul during the first half of their NBA preseason game with Orlando at the Frost Bank Center on Wednesday, Oct 9, 2024. San Antonio beat Orlando 107-97.

“I’ve changed uniforms quite a lot in the past few years,” Paul said.

Paul’s early impressions of playing in San Antonio have been favorable.

“Everybody here are good human beings,” Paul said. “Everybody works hard and everybody wants to see each other win, so it’s easy to come to the gym every day.”

Johnson’s loss is Bucc-ee’s, too

Sixth-year forward Keldon Johnson wowed other Spurs when he returned from the summer having dropped 10 pounds to get into what he calls “the best shape of his life.”

That weight loss did not come without a bit of pain.

In order to get to his desired weight, Johnson had to cut out his routine trips to Bucc-ee’s, the Texas-based chain of convenience stores famous for their line of snacks.

“No Bucc-ee’s,” Johnson said. “You’ve got to make sacrifices.”

Having once given himself the nickname “Big Body,” the 6-foot-5 Johnson reported to camp at 215 pounds.

He doesn’t regret giving Bucc-ee’s the stiff arm, if these are the results.

“I enjoy my lifestyle that I have right now,” Johnson said. “And the way I eat and carry myself as a professional.”

San Antonio Spurs forward Harrison Barnes (40) passes the ball out to San Antonio Spurs forward Julian Champagnie (30), not pictured, during the first half of the pre-season NBA match-up against the Oklahoma City Thunder at Frost Bank Center on Monday, Oct. 7, 2024, in San Antonio, Texas.

San Antonio Spurs forward Harrison Barnes (40) drives towards the net as Oklahoma City Thunder forward Jalen Williams (8) guards him in the first half of the pre-season NBA match-up at Frost Bank Center on Monday, Oct. 7, 2024, in San Antonio, Texas.

San Antonio Spurs center Victor Wembanyama (1) and forward Harrison Barnes (40) talk as they watch their teammates take on the Oklahoma City Thunder in the second half of a pre-season NBA match-up at Frost Bank Center on Monday, Oct. 7, 2024, in San Antonio, Texas. The Spurs fell to the Thunder, 112-107.

San Antonio Spurs guard Chris Paul (3), center Victor Wembanyama (1), forward Harrison Barnes (40) and forward Keldon Johnson (0) talk as they watch their teammates take on the Oklahoma City Thunder in the second half of a pre-season NBA match-up at Frost Bank Center on Monday, Oct. 7, 2024, in San Antonio, Texas. The Spurs fell to the Thunder, 112-107.

San Antonio Spurs forward Harrison Barnes (40 shoots over Orlando Magic guard Jalen Suggs (4) during the first half of their NBA preseason game at the Frost Bank Center on Wednesday, Oct 9, 2024. San Antonio beat Orlando 107-97.

By Jeff McDonald, Staff writer, via San Antonio Express-News

巴恩斯防守能到皇阿玛级别就香了