[PtR] 开放话题:德文·瓦塞尔回到母校举办青少年篮球训练营 ▶️

By Jeph Duarte | Pounding The Rock (PtR), 2024-08-08 19:00:00

由生成式人工智能翻译,译文内容可能不准确或不完整,以原文为准。

底特律活塞对圣安东尼奥马刺

**2018年《吉维内特每日邮报》年度最佳球员回家分享他的天赋

驻扎在圣安东尼奥的多媒体记者“Just Jazz”在X(原推特)平台上采访了马刺队摇摆人德文·瓦塞尔(Devin Vassell),当时他正在佐治亚州苏瓦尼市的桃树岭高中举办他的第三届年度篮球训练营。

德文·瓦塞尔在他的家乡,他的母校桃树岭高中举办了他的第三届年度篮球训练营。我们就这项活动对他来说为什么重要、为什么要对所有参加的青少年免费以及他在这个体育馆最喜欢的一段回忆进行了简短的交谈。#gsg pic.twitter.com/zpWAt7AYGD

— Just Jazz (@JazzTamir1) 2024年8月3日

瓦塞尔谈到了他创建这个训练营的灵感来源:

“我最想做的事就是回馈青少年,回馈社区。这是我的高中,这是我成长的地方,是养育我、造就我今天的人的地方……进入NBA是 attainable 的,实现你的目标也是 attainable 的。我想成为一个活生生的证明……不管别人怎么说,你都可以做任何你想做的事。”

瓦塞尔有很多理由去捍卫没有人可以夺走你梦想的观点。在最初就读于柯林斯山高中并没能进入篮球队后,他转学到了桃树岭高中,在那里,他和狮队一起彻底击败了当初放弃他的柯林斯山队。

“这需要很多牺牲。我没有参加返校节,夏天我没有做很多事情,我没有去度假。我错过了很多东西——派对、电子游戏——你必须为你想要的东西做出牺牲……对于每个有目标或梦想的人来说,你都必须做出牺牲。”

瓦塞尔对下一个赛季感到兴奋,并做好了准备。

马刺加油!

点击查看原文:Open Thread: Devin Vassell returns to his high school alma mater to host a youth basketball camp

Open Thread: Devin Vassell returns to his high school alma mater to host a youth basketball camp

Detroit Pistons v San Antonio Spurs

The Gwinnett Daily Post’s 2018 regional Player of the Year heads home to share his gift

San Antonio-based Multi-Media Journalist “Just Jazz” on X (formerly Twitter), sat down with Spurs swingman Devin Vassell as he was hosting his 3rd annual basketball camp at Peachtree Ridge High School in Suwanee, Georgia.

Devin Vassell hosts his 3rd annual basketball camp at his alma mater Peachtree Ridge High School in his hometown. We had a quick conversation about why this event is important to him, making it free to all youth who attend, and one of his favorite memories in this gym.#gsg pic.twitter.com/zpWAt7AYGD

— Just Jazz (@JazzTamir1) August 3, 2024

Vassell spoke about what inspired him to create this camp:

“My biggest thing is to give back to the youth, to give back to the community. This is the high school, this is where I’m from, this is who raised me, made me to the man I am today…to make it to the NBA, it’s attainable, to reach your goal is attainable. I want to be living proof…no matter what they say, you can do whatever you want to.”

Vassell has a lot of reason to defend the idea that no one can take away your dreams. After originally attending Collins Hill High School and not making their basketball team, he transferred to Peachtree Ridge, where he and the Lions decimated the very same Collins Hill team that passed on him.

“It’s a lot of sacrifices. I didn’t go to homecomings, I didn’t do a lot of stuff in the summers, I didn’t go on vacations. There’s a lot of stuff I missed out on - parties, video games - you’ve got to sacrifice for stuff you want…To everybody who has a goal or a dream, you’ve got to sacrifice.”

Vassell is excited for the next season and ready to go.

Go Spurs Go!

By Jeph Duarte, via Pounding The Rock