[SAEN] 马刺队的扎克·科林斯期待新赛季提升投篮水平

By Tom Orsborn, Staff writer | San Antonio Express-News (SAEN), 2024-07-18 09:58:54

由生成式人工智能翻译,译文内容可能不准确或不完整,以原文为准。

图片
圣安东尼奥马刺队前锋扎克·科林斯(Zach Collins)在经历了2022-23赛季职业生涯最高的场均11.6分的表现后,上赛季的产量有所下降。这位征战NBA六年的老将在寻找三分球手感方面遇到了困难,命中率仅为32%。

拉斯维加斯——扎克·科林斯并不避讳上赛季他在比赛中一个重要方面的大部分时间都表现不佳的事实。

“是的,听着,我上个赛季投篮挣扎已经不是什么秘密了,”这位马刺队的前锋/中锋说道。

在2022-23赛季,科林斯为马刺队效力期间,场均得到职业生涯最高的11.6分,三分球命中率也创下职业生涯新高的37.4%,场均出手2.3次;而在过去的一个赛季里,科林斯场均得到11.2分,三分球命中率仅为32%,尽管场均出手次数达到了职业生涯新高的2.6次。

对于26岁的科林斯来说,好消息是,他在赛季末段从三分线外找到了感觉。在赛季初担任首发后,他在板凳角色上找到了状态,在经历了前五个月29.3%的低迷命中率后,他在3月和4月的三分命中率达到了42.1%。

“我想我终于在全明星赛后找到了感觉,但这并不理想,因为已经太晚了,”他说。“但我必须在此基础上再接再厉。我明白这是一个投篮决定一切的联盟。对于我们球队来说,空间是关键,我必须投进球。我已经准备好明年做到这一点。这是我的目标。”

这位征战NBA六年的老将在4月14日对阵底特律的赛季收官战中右肩盂唇撕裂,并在赛季结束后不久接受了手术修复。他说,他的恢复正在按计划进行,并将在9月下旬参加训练营。他已经在拉斯维加斯与几名老队友一起在夏季联赛球队使用的同一块场地进行训练,他很享受这段时光。

“一切都已痊愈,所以一切都按计划进行,”科林斯在他家乡托马斯&麦克中心观看最近一场夏季联赛比赛前,与他的父母一起坐在场边座位上说道。“我每个月左右都会去医生那里复查,他对一切都感到满意。”

手术后,科林斯在圣安东尼奥待了两个月进行康复治疗。

“我认为在那最初的两个月里,我在那里是非常重要的,”他说。“手术后的那段时间非常重要,我们做了很多很好的工作。”

布耶和米尼克斯在战胜鹈鹕队的比赛中表现出色

周二晚上,贾马里·布耶(Jamaree Bouyea)展现了关键时刻的投篮能力,在最后41秒内命中两球,帮助马刺队以90-85战胜新奥尔良鹈鹕队,将他们在拉斯维加斯的战绩改写为3胜0负。

这位身高6英尺1英寸(约1.85米)、体重170磅(约77公斤)的三年级控球后卫在比赛还剩41.8秒时命中一记正面干拔三分,帮助马刺队以85-82领先。大约25秒后,他又命中一记中距离跳投,帮助马刺队将领先优势扩大到88-84。

“最后时刻的两记关键球…贾马里真是太棒了,”马刺队主教练肯尼·特雷维诺(Kenny Trevino)说。

现年25岁的布耶在迈阿密热火队的G联赛球队度过了本赛季的大部分时间后,于今年3月与马刺队签署了一份双向合同。

这位加州海边市人整个夏季联赛都表现出色。在上赛季的34场G联赛比赛中(为苏福尔斯天空力量队效力22场,为奥斯汀马刺队效力12场),他场均得到17.1分、6.0个篮板、7.3次助攻、2.1次抢断和1.4次盖帽,三分球命中率为37.4%(场均出手5.4次)。

作为旧金山大学2022年男篮队的队长,布耶带领球队打入了25年来学校的首次NCAA锦标赛,他还领衔球队的得分、助攻和抢断。在NBA,他曾在迈阿密热火队、华盛顿奇才队和波特兰开拓者队短暂效力过,共计出场14场比赛,其中包括上赛季在马刺队的3场比赛。

“我只是每天都在进攻,抓住每一个机会,并充分利用它,”布耶在谈到自己作为一名流浪球员的处世之道时说道。“我不能太担心关于我未来的决定,所以我只是每天都全力以赴,无论是训练还是比赛。”

落选新秀前锋莱利·米尼克斯(Riley Minix)在对阵鹈鹕队的比赛中也表现出色。在本月早些时候在萨克拉门托举行的加州精英赛上遭遇肩伤后,这位莫尔黑德州立大学的毕业生在本场比赛中强势复出,凭借着三分球6投4中的表现,砍下了全队最高的16分。

特雷维诺表示,米尼克斯6英尺7英寸(约2.01米)、230磅(约104公斤)的体型给他留下了深刻印象。

“他的股四头肌看起来就像NFL跑卫的,”这位教练说。“他的身材很棒,而且他还能投篮。”

这位佛罗里达州维罗海滩人在NAIA联盟的东南大学效力了四个赛季后,在第五年作为大四学生转会到莫尔黑德州立大学,场均得到20.9分,三分球命中率为34.9%(场均出手4.8次),帮助球队打入了NCAA锦标赛。

西索科在防守端大放异彩

二年级后卫/前锋西迪·西索科(Sidy Cissoko)连续第二场比赛打出了强硬的防守表现,这次的对手是一名首轮秀。

在两天前战胜亚特兰大老鹰队的比赛中,西索科成功地限制了状元秀扎卡里·里萨谢(Zaccharie Risacher)的发挥,让他度过了一个糟糕的投篮之夜。而在本场比赛中,西索科又帮助球队将贝勒大学毕业生、首轮第21顺位新秀伊夫·米西(Yves Missi)的得分限制在6分(7投2中)。

“(防守)一直是他的重点,”特雷维诺说。“我们不希望他每场都得20分…他的工作是防守和抢篮板。他今晚做到了吗?我的天哪。太疯狂了。”

西索科本场比赛出场30分钟,得到11分和6个篮板。

马刺队正式签下巴塞

马刺队在周三宣布签下查尔斯·巴塞(Charles Bassey) 就在联盟消息人士透露双方已达成协议的第二天。

根据球队政策,马刺队没有透露巴塞合同的条款,但联盟消息人士透露,这位圣安东尼奥高中的毕业生得到了一份为期一年、价值220万美元的老将底薪合同。

图片
7月6日,在加州萨克拉门托黄金一号中心举行的加州精英夏季联赛中,马刺队夏季联赛主教练肯尼·特雷维诺(左)在第二节比赛期间与后卫贾马里·布耶交谈。

图片
马刺队后卫西迪·西索科在新秀赛季凭借防守给球队留下了深刻印象,他在夏季联赛中也继续着出色的表现。在过去的兩场比赛中,西索科成功地限制了首轮秀扎卡里·里萨谢和伊夫·米西的发挥。

图片
马刺队前锋西迪·西索科在2023-24赛季为球队出战的12场比赛中场均得到3.8分,但夏季联赛主教练肯尼·特雷维诺强调,球队希望这位二年级球员专注于防守。

图片
扎克·科林斯在赛季结束后接受了右肩盂唇撕裂修复手术。

图片
马刺队前锋扎克·科林斯在从首发阵容转为替补后,在赛季末段表现出色,在经历了赛季前五个月的低迷命中率后,他在3月和4月的投篮命中率达到了42.1%。

图片
马刺队前锋扎克·科林斯上赛季场均得到11.2分。

图片
2024年3月7日,加州萨克拉门托——在萨克拉门托黄金一号中心举行的比赛中,圣安东尼奥马刺队的扎克·科林斯(23号)在上半场越过萨克拉门托国王队的多曼塔斯·萨博尼斯(10号)上篮。

点击查看原文:Spurs' Zach Collins eyes improved season as shooter

Spurs’ Zach Collins eyes improved season as shooter

San Antonio Spurs forward Zach Collins’ production fell off after his career-best 11.6 points per game in 2022-23. The six-year NBA veteran struggled to find his 3-point shot, hitting just 32%.

LAS VEGAS — Zach Collins doesn’t dance around the fact that one important aspect of his game was lacking much of last season.

“Yeah, listen, it is no secret I struggled to shoot the ball last year,” the Spurs forward/center said.

After averaging a career-best 11.6 points for the Spurs in 2022-23 while shooting a career-high 37.4% from 3-point range on 2.3 attempts per game, Collins averaged 11.2 points this past season while connecting on just 32% of his shots from beyond the arc on a career-high 2.6 attempts.

The good news for Collins, 26, is he finished the year strong from downtown after he settled into a bench role after beginning the season as a starter, hitting 42.1% over March and April after sinking just 29.3% the previous five months.

“I think I finally picked it up after All-Star break, which was not ideal because it was so late,” he said. “But I have to build on that. And I understand that it is a league where shooting is the separator. With our team, spacing is key, and I have got to hit shots. And I am prepared to do that next year. That’s my goal.”

The six-year veteran underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder shortly after he suffered the injury in the season finale against Detroit on April 14. He said he’s on track to participate in training camp in late September and has enjoyed working out with a few of his veteran teammates in Vegas at the same practice site used by the Summer League team.

“Everything has healed up, so everything is on pace,” Collins said before settling into courtside seats with his parents at the Thomas & Mack Center to watch a recent Summer League game in his hometown. “I am checking in with my doctor every month or so, and he seems happy with everything.”

Collins spent two months in San Antonio after the surgery for rehab.

“I think it was super important that I was there for those first two months,” he said. “That time after surgery is so important and we got a lot of good work done.”

Bouyea, Minix shine in win over Pelicans

Jamaree Bouyea showed off some clutch shooting Tuesday night, hitting a pair of shots in the final 41 seconds to help the Spurs improve to 3-0 in Las Vegas with a 90-85 win over New Orleans.

The 6-foot-1, 170-pound third-year point guard hit a straight-on pull-up 3 to give the Spurs an 85-82 lead with 41.8 seconds left. About 25 seconds later, he sank a mid-range jumper to give the Spurs an 88-84 advantage.

“Two massive shots down the stretch … Jamaree was something else,” Spurs coach Kenny Trevino said.

The Spurs signed Bouyea, 25, in March to a two-way contract after he spent most of the season playing for the Miami Heat’s G League team.

The native of Seaside, Calif., has played well throughout Summer League after averaging 17.1 points, 6.0 rebounds, 7.3 assists, 2.1 steals and 1.4 blocks while shooting 37.4% from 3 on 5.4 attempts in 34 G League games last season (22 for the Sioux Falls Sky Force and 12 for the Austin Spurs).

As captain of the University of San Francisco’s 2022 squad that made the school’s first NCAA Tournament appearance in 25 years, Bouyea led the Dons in scoring, assists and steals. In the NBA, he’s had brief stints with Miami, Washington and Portland, playing in a total of 14 games, including three with the Spurs last season.

“I just attack every day, taking every opportunity I get and making the most of it,” Bouyea said of his approach as a journeyman player. “I can’t worry too much about decisions about my future, so I just give it my all every day, whether it’s a practice or a game.”

Undrafted rookie forward Riley Minix also stood out against the Pelicans. After overcoming a shoulder injury he suffered at the California Classic in Sacramento earlier this month, the Morehead State-ex scored a team-high 16 points on the strength of 4-of-6 shooting from 3-point territory.

Trevino said he is impressed with Minix’s 6-7, 230-pound frame.

“His quads look like (those of) an NFL running back,” the coach said. “He’s got some great size to him and he can shoot it.”

After four seasons starring at NAIA school Southeastern (Fla.), the Vero Beach, Fla., native averaged 20.9 points while shooting 34.9% from 3-point range on 4.8 attempts as a fifth-year senior to help Morehead State reach the NCAA Tournament.

Cissoko shines on defensive end

For the second game in a row, second-year guard/forward Sidy Cissoko put together a strong defensive outing against a first-round pick.

Two days after pestering No. 1 overall selection Zaccharie Risacher into a poor shooting night in a win over Atlanta, Cissoko helped hold Baylor-ex and No. 21 overall pick Yves Missi to just six points on 2 of 7 from the field.

“(Defense) has been his focus throughout,” Trevino said. “We don’t want him to score 20 points. … His job is to defend and rebound. And did he do that tonight? My goodness. Crazy.”

Cissoko finished with 11 points and six rebounds in 30 minutes.

Spurs officially sign Bassey

The Spurs announced Wednesday the signing of Charles Bassey a day after league sources said the parties had reached an agreement.

In accordance with team policy, the Spurs did not release terms of Bassey’s deal, but league sources said the St. Anthony-ex received a one-year, $2.2 million veteran minimum pact.

Spurs summer league coach Ken Trevino, left, talks with guard Jamaree Bouyea during the second quarter of a California Classic Summer League game against the Charlotte Hornets on July 6 at the Golden1 Center in Sacramento, Calif.

Spurs guard Sidy Cissoko impressed the team with his defense in his rookie season, and he has continued to impress in summer league. Cissoko has held first-round picks Zaccharie Risacher and Yves Missi in check over the past two games.

Spurs forward Sidy Cissoko averaged 3.8 points in a 12-game rookie stint with the team in 2023-24, but summer league coach Ken Trevino has stressed that the team is looking for the second-year player to focus on his defensive play.

Zach Collins underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder at the end of the season.

Spurs forward Zach Collins finished the year strong after moving from the starting lineup to the bench, shooting 42.1% in March and April after a cold snap over the season’s first five months.

Spurs forward Zach Collins averaged 11.2 points per game last season.

SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA - MARCH 07: Zach Collins #23 of the San Antonio Spurs goes in for a layup over Domantas Sabonis #10 of the Sacramento Kings during the first half at Golden 1 Center on March 07, 2024 in Sacramento, California.

By Tom Orsborn, Staff writer, via San Antonio Express-News