[SAEN] 因伤病,「卡斯尔」将缺席剩余夏季联赛

By Tom Orsborn, Staff writer | San Antonio Express-News (SAEN), 2024-07-14 19:28:35

由生成式人工智能翻译,译文内容可能不准确或不完整,以原文为准。

图片
2024 年 7 月 13 日,拉斯维加斯夏季联赛,马刺队以 83-77 击败波特兰队的比赛中,马刺队新秀斯蒂芬·卡斯尔(Stephon Castle)带球突破上篮。

拉斯维加斯——尽管周日晚上被迫穿着便服坐在替补席上观看马刺队对阵亚特兰大队的比赛,但新秀斯蒂芬·卡斯尔(Stephon Castle)仍然表现得像一名控球后卫。

在周六以 83-77 击败波特兰队的比赛中扭伤右手腕后,马刺队决定让这位第四顺位新秀在剩余的夏季联赛中休战。

卡斯尔的回应是,他一直坐在替补席上,专注地关注着比赛,并为人手不足的球队加油助威,最终以 79-76 险胜老鹰队和状元秀扎沙利·里萨谢(Zaccharie Risacher),后者得到 11 分、5 个篮板和 2 次助攻。

三年级职业球员贾马里·鲍耶(Jamaree Bouyea)顶替卡斯尔担任控球后卫,他为马刺队贡献了 12 分、4 次助攻、3 个篮板和 3 次抢断。

“坐在场下很难受,但我很高兴看到我的队友们打得很好,”卡斯尔在赛后说道,此时他的受伤手腕上缠着绷带。

伤势并不严重,但马刺队不会拿他们未来的场上指挥官冒险。这与他们去年对状元秀维克托·文班亚马(Victor Wembanyama)的谨慎做法如出一辙,当时他们将文班亚马在拉斯维加斯的比赛限制在仅有的两场。

“我觉得他们是为了我好,”卡斯尔说。“我认为谨慎一点是明智的。”

19 岁的卡斯尔在第四节试图封盖时重重摔倒,导致受伤。他向替补席竖起了大拇指,并继续留在场上。

在拉斯维加斯夏季联赛揭幕战中,卡斯尔在对阵开拓者队的比赛中得到 22 分、5 个篮板和 4 次助攻,为自己的夏季联赛之旅画上了圆满的句号。

“夏季联赛很有趣,”卡斯尔说。“这种氛围,所有的球队都在这里,你想打出自己最好的篮球。我不会说压力很大,但你肯定能感受到球馆里的能量。”

在马刺队前往内华达之前,卡斯尔在加州精英赛上也有出色表现,他在萨克拉门托的首场比赛中得到 12 分和 6 个篮板,但球队输给了夏洛特黄蜂队,随后在战胜中国队的比赛中得到 18 分、6 个篮板和 5 次助攻。

“我为他感到兴奋,”马刺队的视频协调员肯尼·特雷维诺(Kenny Trevino)说,他目前担任夏季联赛球队的教练。“我很高兴看到他在常规赛中加入一线队。我认为他在夏季联赛中表现出色,我想他让圣安东尼奥的每个人都对他到来感到兴奋。”

卡斯尔也赢得了主教练格雷格·波波维奇(Gregg Popovich)的高度评价,波波维奇在周六比赛期间接受 ESPN 采访时表示,他对卡斯尔的比赛和比赛态度印象深刻。

“我喜欢他这么年轻就如此认真,”波波维奇说。“我喜欢他的节奏——你看他的表情从不改变——他不会太快,也不会太慢,他能洞察场上局势。他得到的出场时间越多,他的表现就会越好。他积极对抗,他是一名出色的防守者,而且他做出的决定都很棒。”

“我认为他学东西很快,很快就能在场上打球。”

卡斯尔说,他已经迫不及待地想在 9 月份的训练营开始训练了。马刺队对他防守、运动能力和篮球智商印象深刻,在他帮助康涅狄格大学队连续第二次获得全国冠军的过程中,场均得到 11.1 分并有出色防守表现后,马刺队用他们的两个乐透签中的第一个选中了他。

“我已经准备好开始和我的新队友们一起打球,并开始向波波维奇教练学习,”卡斯尔说。“时间已经不多了,我很兴奋。”

马刺队将在周二对阵新奥尔良鹈鹕队,周五对阵费城 76 人队。

本周将在拉斯维加斯安排另一场比赛。如果他们进入季后赛,甚至可能会有更多比赛。

至于卡斯尔,他将花时间养伤,为参加胜利资本表演中心的公开训练做准备。

在圣安东尼奥等待卡斯尔的将是两位休赛期新加盟的明星球员,他们渴望帮助他熟悉 NBA 的规则,分别是 39 岁的未来名人堂控球后卫克里斯·保罗(Chris Paul)和 32 岁的锋线球员哈里森·巴恩斯(Harrison Barnes)。

“在我们拥有这么多年轻球员的情况下,保罗和巴恩斯在这个阶段的职业生涯加入球队真是太好了,”波波维奇告诉 ESPN。“你知道,我可以一遍又一遍地说 54 遍。但当你尊重的一名球员说的话和你对球员说的话一样时,那就更有价值了。所以,让他们在我们身边,这将会非常棒。”

图片
2024 年 7 月 6 日,加州萨克拉门托:在 2024 年 7 月 6 日星期六于加州萨克拉门托金州第一中心举行的加州精英夏季联赛对阵夏洛特黄蜂队的比赛第四节,圣安东尼奥马刺队后卫斯蒂芬·卡斯尔(Stephon Castle)在慢跑到替补席时与肯尼击掌。(摄影:雷金纳德·托马斯二世/圣安东尼奥马刺队)

图片
2024 年 7 月 6 日,加州萨克拉门托:在 2024 年 7 月 6 日星期六于加州萨克拉门托金州第一中心举行的加州精英夏季联赛对阵夏洛特黄蜂队的比赛第三节,圣安东尼奥马刺队视频助理教练肯顿·特雷维诺(Kenton Trevino)与圣安东尼奥马刺队后卫斯蒂芬·卡斯尔(Stephon Castle)交谈。(摄影:雷金纳德·托马斯二世/圣安东尼奥马刺队)

图片
马刺队新秀斯蒂芬·卡斯尔(Stephon Castle)在周六上午于胜利资本表演中心被介绍给媒体和受邀嘉宾后运球。

图片
2024 年 6 月 26 日星期三,在纽约举行的 NBA 篮球选秀大会上,斯蒂芬·卡斯尔(Stephon Castle)在被圣安东尼奥马刺队以首轮第四顺位选中后做出反应。

图片
2024 年 4 月 8 日,亚利桑那州格伦代尔,在 NCAA 大学篮球锦标赛四强赛对阵普渡大学的比赛下半场,康涅狄格大学队主教练丹·赫尔利(Dan Hurley)拥抱后卫斯蒂芬·卡斯尔(Stephon Castle)。

点击查看原文:Injured Castle sidelined for rest of Summer League

Injured Castle sidelined for rest of Summer League

Spurs rookie Stephon Castle drives to the basket in the Spurs’ 83-77 victory over Portland on Saturday, July 13, 2024 at the Las Vegas Summer League.

LAS VEGAS — Rookie Stephon Castle was still very much in point guard mode Sunday night despite being forced to watch the Spurs’ game against Atlanta from the bench in street clothes.

The Spurs decided to shut down the fourth overall pick for the remainder of Summer League after he sprained his right wrist in the 83-77 win over Portland on Saturday.

Castle responded by staying engaged on the bench, intently following the action and cheering on his shorthanded team as it hung on for a 79-76 win over the Hawks and No. 1 overall pick Zaccharie Risacher, who finished with 11 points, five rebounds and two assists.

Replacing Castle at point guard, third-year pro Jamaree Bouyea led the Spurs with 12 points, four assists, three rebounds and three steals.

“It sucks to sit out, but I was happy to see my teammates play well,” Castle said after the game while wearing a wrap on his injured wrist.

The injury isn’t serious, but the Spurs weren’t about to take any chances with their field general of the future. It was the same cautious approach they used last year when they limited No. 1 overall pick Victor Wembanyama to just two games in Vegas.

“I feel like they have my best interests in mind,” Castle said. “I feel like it’s smart to take the caution route.”

Castle, 19, suffered the injury during a hard fall in the fourth quarter while attempting to block a shot. He gave a thumbs up to the bench and remained in the game.

Castle exited Summer League on a high note after recording 22 points, five rebounds and four assists against the Blazers in the Vegas opener for both teams.

“Summer League is fun,” Castle said. “The environment, all the teams are here, and you want to play your best brand of basketball. I wouldn’t say it is a lot of pressure, but you can definitely feel the energy in the arena.”

Castle also played well at the California Classic before the Spurs moved on to Nevada, scoring 12 points and six rebounds in his debut in Sacramento, a loss to Charlotte, before notching 18 points, six rebounds and five assists in a win over a team from China.

“I am excited for him,” said Kenny Trevino, the Spurs video coordinator who is serving as coach of the summer squad. “I am excited to see him with the big club in the regular season. I thought he had a great Summer League and I think he got everyone in San Antonio excited for his arrival.”

Castle also earned high praise from coach Gregg Popovich, who told ESPN during an in-game interview Saturday he was impressed with Castle’s play and approach to the game.

“I love his seriousness for such a young kid,” Popovich said. “I love his pace — you see his expression never changes — he doesn’t go too fast, doesn’t go too slow, he reads the situations. The more minutes he gets, the better he is going to be. He seeks contact, he is an excellent defender and he makes wonderful decisions.

“He is going to be a quick study, I think, and is going to play on the court pretty quickly.”

Castle said he can’t wait to get started at training camp in September. Impressed by his defense, athleticism and basketball IQ, the Spurs selected him with the first of their two lottery picks after he averaged 11.1 points and played outstanding defense in helping Connecticut to its second consecutive national title.

“I am ready to start playing with my new teammates and start learning from coach Pop,” Castle said. “It is right around the corner, so I am excited.”

The Spurs play New Orleans on Tuesday and Philadelphia on Friday.

Another game in Vegas will be scheduled this week. They could have even more should they make the playoffs.

As for Castle, he will spend time healing in preparation for participating in open gym back at the Victory Capital Performance Center.

Awaiting Castle in San Antonio will be two marquee offseason acquisitions eager to help show him the NBA ropes, future Hall of Fame point guard Chris Paul, 39, and forward Harrison Barnes, 32.

“Having (Paul) and Harrison come into the fold at this stage of their careers is really wonderful for the youth we have,” Popovich told ESPN. “You know, I can say things 54 times, over and over again. But when a player you respect says the same stuff we’re saying to players, that’s a lot more valuable. So, having them around, that’s going to be super.”

July 6, 2024, Sacramento, CA: San Antonio Spurs guard Stephon Castle high fives /eknny/ as he jogs to the bench during the fourth quarter of the California Classic Summer League game against the Charlotte Hornets at the Golden1 Center in Sacramento, California Saturday, July 6, 2024. (Photo by Reginald Thomas II/San Antonio Spurs)

July 6, 2024, Sacramento, CA: San Antonio Spurs video assistant Kenton Trevino talks to San Antonio Spurs guard Stephon Castle during the third quarter of the California Classic Summer League game against the Charlotte Hornets at the Golden1 Center in Sacramento, California Saturday, July 6, 2024. (Photo by Reginald Thomas II/San Antonio Spurs)

Spurs draft pick Stephon Castle dribbles after being introduced to the media and invited guests Saturday morning as at the Victory Capital Performance Center.

Stephon Castle reacts after being selected by the San Antonio Spurs as the fourth pick in the first round of the NBA basketball draft, Wednesday, June 26, 2024, in New York.

UConn head coach Dan Hurley hugs guard Stephon Castle during the second half of the NCAA college Final Four championship basketball game against Purdue, Monday, April 8, 2024, in Glendale, Ariz.

By Tom Orsborn, Staff writer, via San Antonio Express-News

By Jacob Douglas | Pounding The Rock (PtR), 2024-07-15 11:17:27

由生成式人工智能翻译,译文内容可能不准确或不完整,以原文为准。

2024 NBA 夏季联赛 - 圣安东尼奥马刺 vs 波特兰开拓者

圣安东尼奥的首轮秀在对阵波特兰的比赛中手腕受伤,整个夏季都将休战。

圣安东尼奥马刺队在 2024 年 NBA 选秀 中的首轮秀斯蒂芬·卡斯尔(Stephon Castle)凭借其在夏季联赛中的出色表现给球迷们留下了深刻印象。这位来自 康涅狄格大学 的球员在其参加的三场夏季联赛中场均得到 22 分和 4 次助攻。他赢得了马刺队主教练格雷格·波波维奇的赞扬,后者表示他将在职业生涯初期获得与 NBA 球队一起比赛的机会。马刺球迷将需要等到那时才能再次看到卡斯尔的表现。周日,圣安东尼奥宣布,由于手腕扭伤,他将缺席剩余的夏季联赛比赛。

格雷格·波波维奇对斯蒂芬·卡斯尔的评价:

“我认为他会很快适应并很快就能上场打球。”pic.twitter.com/YM2Qd5Og9S

— Storrs Central (@StorrsCentral) 2024 年 7 月 14 日

在圣安东尼奥以 83-77 战胜 波特兰开拓者队 的比赛的后期,卡斯尔重重地摔了一跤。他站起来时捂着自己的手腕,但还是坚持打完了剩下的比赛。这次摔倒很可能与他的伤势有关,马刺队为了谨慎起见,不希望他的伤势进一步恶化,因此决定让他休战。上赛季,维克多·文班亚马(Victor Wembanyama)只打了2场比赛就因伤缺席了剩下的夏季联赛。考虑到波波维奇对卡斯尔的赞扬以及他那次严重的摔倒,他们可能已经从这位新秀身上看到了足够多的东西。

卡斯尔在周六扭伤右手腕后,#马刺 让他休战,对此他表示: “我觉得他们是为了我好。我觉得谨慎一点是明智的。” 他还补充说,他将在圣安东尼奥参加开放式训练,并渴望训练营的开始。

— Tom Orsborn (@tom_orsborn) 2024 年 7 月 15 日

夏季联赛的马刺队在没有卡斯尔的情况下赢得了他们的第一场比赛,以 79-76 击败了状元秀扎卡里·里萨谢(Zaccharie Risacher)领衔的 亚特兰大老鹰队。马刺球迷仍然有机会在剩下的夏季联赛中观看二轮秀哈里森·英格拉姆(Harrison Ingram)的比赛。像贾马里·布耶(Jamaree Bouyea) 和小大卫·杜克(David Duke Jr.) 这样的发展联盟球员也应该会吸引那些想看球的马刺球迷。

马刺队将在 7 月 16 日的下一场夏季联赛比赛中对阵新奥尔良鹈鹕队。

点击查看原文:Spurs announce Castle to miss remainder of Summer League

Spurs announce Castle to miss remainder of Summer League

2024 NBA Summer League - San Antonio Spurs v Portland Trail Blazers

San Antonio’s first-overall-pick shut down for the summer after injuring wrist against Portland.

The San Antonio Spurs’ first-round pick in the 2024 NBA Draft, Stephon Castle, has impressed basketball fans with his performance in the Summer League. The UCONN product averaged 22 points and 4 assists in his three summer league games. He earned the praise of Spurs head coach, Gregg Popovich, who said he would get playing time with the NBA team early in his career. Spurs fans will need to wait until them to get another glimpse at Castle. On Sunday, San Antonio announced he will be out for the remainder of the Summer League with a wrist sprain.

Gregg Popovich on Stephon Castle:

“He’s gonna be a quick study I think and get to play on the court quickly.” pic.twitter.com/YM2Qd5Og9S

— Storrs Central (@StorrsCentral) July 14, 2024

Castle took a hard fall late in San Antonio’s 83-77 win against the Portland Trail Blazers. He popped up holding his wrist, but continued to play the rest of the game. It’s likely that the fall has something to do with his injury and the Spurs are being cautious so he doesn’t get hurt further. Last season, Victor Wembanyama only played in two games before being shut down for the rest of the summer. Given Popovich’s praise and Castle’s tough fall, they may have seen enough from the rookie.

Castle on #Spurs shutting him down for rest of Summer League after he sprained his right wrist Saturday: “I feel like they have my best interests in mind. I feel like it’s smart to take the caution route.” He added he will be at open gym in SA and is eager for camp to start.

— Tom Orsborn (@tom_orsborn) July 15, 2024

The Summer Spurs won their first game without Castle, defeating first-overall-pick, Zaccharie Risacher, and the Atlanta Hawks 79-76. Spurs fans will still get the chance to watch second-round pick, Harrison Ingram, for the rest of the Summer League. G League players like Jamaree Bouyea and David Duke Jr. should also be draws for Spurs fans looking to get their basketball fix.

The Spurs will face the New Orleans Pelicans in their next summer contest on July 16th.

By Jacob Douglas, via Pounding The Rock