[PtR] 对马刺休赛期运作的全面评估

By Jeje Gomez, Marilyn Dubinski, Mark Barrington, J.R. Wilco | Pounding The Rock (PtR), 2024-07-10 20:50:06

由生成式人工智能翻译,译文内容可能不准确或不完整,以原文为准。

NBA: 圣安东尼奥马刺队-新闻发布会

马刺队还需要进行一些小规模的人员调整来完成阵容组建,但主要的引援工作已经完成。PtR的各位编辑对圣安东尼奥的休赛期操作发表了自己的看法。

您如何评价马刺队在选秀之夜的表现?他们选中了斯蒂芬·卡斯尔(Stephon Castle)、胡安·努涅斯(Juan Nuñez)、哈里森·英格拉姆(Harrison Ingram),并从森林狼队获得了一个首轮签和一个选秀权互换权。

玛丽莲·杜宾斯基(Marilyn Dubinski): 我之前就预料到马刺会选择卡斯尔,并且对他目前在夏季联赛中的表现感到满意,所以没什么可抱怨的。我对他们交易掉8号签并不像其他人那样感到恼火,因为马刺已经有5名球员拿着新秀合同(包括卡斯尔),而且在明年人才济济的选秀大会上,他们还有2到4个首轮签。选择努涅斯是一个明智的决定,因为他可以先被“藏起来”培养,而且他的传球技术很有趣(虽然我不明白为什么要向下交易一个顺位来选择他)。英格拉姆是一个不错的二轮秀,他很可能会得到一份双向合同。

马克·巴灵顿(Mark Barrington): 我是一个思想守旧的篮球作家,我对交易掉8号签感到有些担忧。我意识到这笔交易的长期利益,但我对七年后选秀权互换这种复杂的方案感到害怕,而且我也不理解。我对选择卡斯尔感到非常高兴,我认为英格拉姆是一个有趣的二轮秀潜力股。等到努涅斯出现在训练营的那一天,我才会相信他不是来“试训”的。总的来说,马刺的短期运作不错,但2030年和2031年会发生什么,我无法预测。

杰斯·戈麦斯(Jesus Gomez): 我很喜欢马刺队的选秀操作。扎卡里·里萨谢(Zaccharie Risacher)和里德·谢泼德(Reed Sheppard)本来会更适合球队的体系,但我喜欢卡斯尔在选秀前的表现,因为他有防守和进攻的潜力。他未来会成为一名全职控球后卫吗?谁知道呢,但无论在哪个位置上,他都会有所贡献。对于一支有很多年轻球员,准备引进一些老将的球队来说,交易掉选秀权是非常合理的。未来的首轮签和选秀权互换权给了圣安东尼奥交易资产,或者说,如果森林狼队战绩不佳,马刺队可以用一种划算的方式在维克托·文班亚马(Victor Wembanyama)的巅峰时期获得高顺位新秀。努涅斯是一个不错的“海外培养”人选,因为巴塞罗那队很优秀,而且他们想要他。英格拉姆是一个有潜力的3D球员,所以没什么可抱怨的。

J.R. 威尔科(J.R. Wilco): 我听到的关于选秀之夜最大的抱怨是交易掉了8号签,这也是我最初感到失望的地方——感觉像是在放弃。以下是我认为令人满意的逻辑推演过程。在今年这样充满未知数的选秀大会上,通常情况下,本就 fraught 的选秀形势变得难上加难。我们知道,每年都会有球星从选秀大会中涌现出来。当你有很多球员可以选择,但你的评估体系并不偏爱其中的任何一个时,你就不可能确定哪一个会在几年后被那些“键盘教练”们指着鼻子说:“看看他们在还有谁谁谁的时候选了谁。”所以,既然赖特(Wright)和马刺队的球探团队没有绝对想要的人选,那么除了交易掉选秀权之外,另一种选择就是选择一个他们不确定的球员。由于再出现一个卢卡·沙马尼奇(Luka Samanic)的情况将会令人心碎,而且会限制球队的阵容空间(考虑到俱乐部未来拥有的所有选秀权),所以我接受了马刺队的做法。

您如何评价马刺队在自由球员市场上的表现?他们利用薪资空间签下了克里斯·保罗(Chris Paul)和哈里森·巴恩斯(Harrison Barnes)。

杜宾斯基: 这 certainly 超出了我的预期。我们之前谈到过需要老将,但我认为马刺队很有可能会维持原状。我对保罗的第一印象是,我尊重他作为一名球员,但我一直讨厌他在球场上的态度。但随着时间的推移,我越来越尊重这次签约,这既是一种接受,也是因为我知道他会带来很多积极的影响。他和巴恩斯将带来高质量的领导力,同时填补阵容中的一些空缺(组织进攻和投篮),而马刺队也避免了透支未来。所以,总的来说,这个休赛期比我想象的要好。

巴灵顿: 最终目标是打造一支有实力争夺NBA总冠军的球队。由于时间线的限制,这两个人都不会成为圣安东尼奥争冠阵容的一部分。但我认为,随着球队从混乱的摆烂状态过渡到有竞争力的阵容,他们可以通过提供领导力和指导来帮助球队朝着这个目标前进。球队在本赛季会变得更好,但最重要的是,年轻球员将从经验丰富的球员那里学习如何赢得比赛。

戈麦斯: 马刺队已经明确表示,他们不会在重建过程中跳过任何步骤。但上赛季结束后,很明显,他们需要一名有能力的组织者和一名既能防守又能投篮的球员,才能组建一支合理的阵容。维持原状是不可接受的,也不现实,因为文班亚马的到来会让球队很难摆烂。即使是像我这样十多年来一直对克里斯·保罗恨之入骨的人,也不得不承认,用这样一份划算的合同签下他是一笔好买卖。巴恩斯是我认为马刺队在休赛期应该关注的临时大前锋人选之一,另外还有托拜厄斯·哈里斯(Tobias Harris)和博扬·博格达诺维奇(Bojan Bogdanovic),所以我认为他很适合马刺队。得到那个选秀权互换权只是锦上添花。

威尔科: 喜欢这些引援。喜欢他们的适配性。喜欢他们对比赛的理解和指导能力。真的很喜欢他们的合同期限很短,而且可以交易。但最重要的是,我喜欢这样一个事实:多年来,球队第一次有了一套看起来像样的首发阵容(保罗、瓦塞尔(Vassell)、索汉(Sochan)、巴恩斯、文班亚马),这是一支真正的NBA球队的首发阵容,而不需要我们费尽心思地去想象。以上所有这些喜欢都没有包含保罗自进入联盟以来作为顶级传球控卫的身份,这意味着想象他与文班亚马打挡拆是我现在最喜欢的消遣。

马刺队仍然有空间特例。您希望他们用它签下谁?

杜宾斯基: 桑德罗·马穆克拉什维利(Sandro Mamukelashvili)。他已经在为数不多的机会中证明了自己,并且在赛季末与文班亚马展现出了惊人的化学反应。如果马刺队的替补阵容是特雷·琼斯(Tre Jones)、斯蒂芬·卡斯尔、凯尔登·约翰逊(Keldon Johnson)、马穆克拉什维利和扎克·科林斯(Zach Collins),我不会感到意外。这将是一套很有竞争力的替补阵容,而且比上赛季的替补阵容可靠得多。

巴灵顿: 我认为马刺队主要是用它来签回那些为了签下巴恩斯和保罗而放弃的球员。所以,欢迎回来,马穆克拉什维利。也许还有巴洛(Barlow)和巴斯(Bassey)。马刺队最终可能会从其他球队签下几名被裁掉的球员,但我认为重新签下那些已经了解球队体系的球员是当务之急。

戈麦斯: 马刺队需要第三名中锋,但现在没有哪个球员值得用空间特例签下。我的首选本来是保罗·里德(Paul Reed),但在活塞队用 waivers 认领了他。市面上其他可能会有用的球员,比如奥梅尔·尤尔特塞文(Omer Yurtseven)和俾斯麦·比永博(Bismack Biyombo),都是底薪球员。所以我能理解,管理层没有完全使用空间特例,而是利用规则的改变——允许使用特例通过交易获得球员——来得到他们想要的人,或者是在赛季中吃下一些垃圾合同以换取选秀权。

威尔科: 肯定是马穆克拉什维利,对吧?

点击查看原文:A comprehensive evaluation of the Spurs’ offseason

A comprehensive evaluation of the Spurs’ offseason

NBA: San Antonio Spurs-Press Conference

The Spurs still have to make some small moves to complete their roster, but the big additions have been made. The PtR staff offer their thoughts on San Antonio’s offseason.

How well do you think the Spurs did on draft night, getting Stephon Castle, Juan Nuñez, Harrison Ingram and a first and a swap from the Timberwolves?

Marilyn Dubinski: I definitely saw the Castle pick coming and have been happy with what we’ve seen of him in SL so far, so no complaints there. I wasn’t as annoyed about them trading the 8th pick as some were just because the Spurs already have 5 players on rookie contracts (including Castle) with anywhere from 2 to 4 first picks in next year’s much deeper draft. Nunez was a smart pick if only because he’s stash-able and his passing game is intriguing (although I didn’t understand the purpose of trading down one spot to get him), and Ingram is a good late get who will probably end up on a two-way contract.

Mark Barrington: I am simply an unfrozen caveman basketball writer, and I was a little concerned about trading the eighth pick. I realize the long-term benefits, but complicated schemes like a pick swap seven years in the future scare me, and I do not understand them. I’m really happy with the Castle pick, and I think Ingram is an interesting second-round project. I’ll believe that Nunez is not a draft and stash on the day he shows up in training camp. Overall, the short term was good, but what’s happening in 2030 and 2031 is beyond my power to comprehend.

Jesus Gomez: I loved the draft the Spurs had. Zaccharie Risacher and Reed Sheppard would have been more seamless fits but Castle was someone I liked throughout the pre-draft process because of his defense and offensive potential. Is he going to be a full-time point guard in the future? Who knows, but he will help no matter his position. Trading the pick made a lot of sense for a team with so many young guys getting ready to bring in some veterans. The future first and the swap give San Antonio trade assets or a valuable way to get cheap high-tier talent in the middle of Victor Wembanyama’s prime if the Timberwolves struggle. Nuñez was a good stash option, since a good Barcelona team wanted him, and Ingram is a viable 3-and-D prospect, so there’s not much to complain about.

J.R. Wilco: The biggest gripe I’ve heard about draft night is the trading of the eighth pick, so that’s where I’ll camp out because I was initially disappointed — it felt like punting. Here’s what I found to be a satisfying logical progression. In a draft like this year’s where there are so many unknowns, what’s normally a fraught situation practically triples in degree of difficulty. We know there are going to be stars that come out of this draft because there are every year. And when you have a ton of guys on the board, but your evaluation metrics aren’t favoring any of them, then it’s impossible to identify which ones will be the guy that armchair GM’s get to point to years later while saying, “Look who they picked when this guy was still on the board.” So, recognizing that Wright and the Spurs brain trust didn’t have anyone they absolutely had to take, the alternative to trading the pick is taking a player whose chances they weren’t sold on. Since another Luka Samanic situation would be both heartbreaking and roster-constraining (with all the future picks the club has) I came to terms with it.

How well do you think the Spurs did in free agency by using their cap space to add Chris Paul and Harrison Barnes?

Dubinski: That’s certainly more than I thought they would do. We talked about the need for veterans, but part of me wouldn’t have been surprised if the Spurs mostly ran it back. My initial thought on Paul was that I respect him as a player but always hated his on-court attitude, but with time I’ve grown to respect the signing more, both as a means of acceptance and knowing that he will bring plenty of positives. He and Barnes will bring quality leadership while filling in some gaping holes on the roster (playmaking and shooting), all while the Spurs avoided mortgaging their future, so in the end it has been a better offseason than I thought it would be.

Barrington: The ultimate goal is to build a contender for the NBA title. Neither of these guys would be part of a contending San Antonio team because of the timeline, but I think they do advance the team toward that goal by providing leadership and mentoring as it transitions from shambolic tank wreckage to competitive roster. The team will be better this season, but the most important thing is that the young guys will learn the craft of winning basketball from experienced players.

Gomez: The Spurs have made it clear they are not skipping steps in the rebuild, but after last season it became evident that they needed a competent playmaker and a shooter who could also defend to have a roster that made sense. Running it back was unacceptable and impractical, since Wemby would have made it hard to tank. Even someone who has sports-hated Chris Paul with a burning passion for over a decade, like myself, has to accept that adding him on such a good contract is a good move. Barnes was one of the stopgap big forwards I thought the Spurs should keep an eye on this offseason, along with Tobias Harris and Bojan Bogdanovic, so I think the fit is right. And getting that swap is just the cherry on top.

Wilco: Love the pickups. Love their fit. Love their knowledge of the game and mentor aptitude. Really love the shortness of their contracts and their tradability. But most of all, I love the fact that for the first time in ages, the team has a starting five (Paul, Vassell, Sochan, Barnes, Wemby) that looks like a legit starting five for a real live NBA team without having to squint hard or try to slap lipstick on a pig. And all the above love hasn’t encompassed Paul’s status as the lobbiest of point guards since he entered the league, which means that imagining him running PnRs with Wemby is my new favorite summer pastime.

The Spurs still have the room exception. Who would you like them to use it on?

Dubinski: Sandro Mamukelashvili. He has earned the chance in what few opportunities he has been given, and he showed amazing chemistry with Wemby at the end of the season. I wouldn’t argue with a bench rotation of Tre Jones, Stephon Castle, Keldon Johnson, Mamu and Zach Collins. That would be a tough second unit and much more reliable than last year’s bench.

Barrington: I think it’s mostly going to be used to bring back players they had to renounce in order to sign Barnes and Paul. So welcome back Mamu. Maybe Barlow and Bassey. The Spurs might end up picking up a few waived players from other teams, but I would think re-signing players who already know the system would have priority.

Gomez: The Spurs need a third center, but there aren’t any worth the room exception available. My first pick would have been Paul Reed but the Pistons claimed him off waivers before he hit the market. The others out there that could be useful, like Omer Yurtseven and Bismack Biyombo are minimum contract players. So I can see the front office not using it fully and taking advantage of the rule change that allows exceptions to be used to acquire players via trades to get someone they want or absorb some salary for a draft pick during the season.

Wilco: It’s gotta be Mamu, right?

By Jeje Gomez, Marilyn Dubinski, Mark Barrington, J.R. Wilco, via Pounding The Rock