[ESPN]“未来将会很有趣”: 文班亚马荣获年度最佳新秀

由Gemini Pro人工智能翻译,译文内容可能不准确或不完整,以原文为准。

安德鲁·洛佩兹,ESPN2024 年 5 月 11 日东部时间下午 04:30

圣安东尼奥——在他队友高喊着“文班亚马!文班亚马!”后,面带微笑的维克托·文班亚马在欢声雷动中走进斯库比天文馆的剧院,参加了 50 个左右孩子的聚会。

这不是你正常意义上的年度最佳新秀奖颁奖典礼——但对于被誉为外星人的文班亚马来说,这是恰如其分的。

文班亚马走进来并坐在剧院 100 个座位的头排,孩子们来自当地的男孩女孩俱乐部、大哥哥大姐姐项目以及附近的一所小学,还有一些文班亚马圣安东尼奥马刺队的队友和工作人员坐在他们中间。

在他走进来之前,马刺前锋杰里米·索汉让孩子们兴奋起来,并在年度最佳新秀进入房间时呼喊。

文班亚马和他的伙伴观看了关于他新秀赛季的一段视频——其中有文班亚马从 7 岁起扮演的角色——在马刺队总经理布莱恩·赖特给他颁奖之前。

文班亚马说:“这是我们全年进步的体现之一,以及我们在球场上付出的所有努力。”“我认为在这里与球迷、孩子和每个人一起获得这个奖杯,这里每个人都很高兴,对我也是一种美好的感觉,很好地体现了我们全年感受到的爱。对我来说,这是获得(该奖杯)的正确方式。”

周二,文班亚马被一致评为年度最佳新秀奖得主,成为过去 40 个赛季中第六位这样做的人,也是自 2016 年卡尔-安东尼·唐斯在明尼苏达森林狼队以来第一位这样做的人。

尽管如此,文班亚马表示,他从未觉得比赛结束,因为他专注于其他事情。

文班亚马说:“我还有其他事情要考虑。”“我对球队负有责任,而且保持球队主导地位、对球队有帮助以及保持健康都极具挑战性。整个赛季,我脑子里都有很多事,没有比这更重要的事情了。”

文班亚马说,他看着马刺为他准备的一段视频起鸡皮疙瘩,视频中包括了他从 7 岁就打篮球的片段。

但这播放完毕后,文班亚马从赖特那里接受了奖杯,然后播放了他自己的视频,他在视频中感谢了马刺队先来者、教练格雷格·波波维奇、他的队友、教练、工作人员、他的家人以及球迷,视频以“未来将会很有趣”结束。

文班亚马说:“我很现实,我知道网上会有我自己的视频,他们会谈论这个奖项,但这远不止这些。”“对我来说,更多的是认可彼此的伟大与价值。“

“我的意思是,这还不够。这仅仅是点什么东西。我想保持势头,让每个人知道他们都是家庭的一部分,也是故事的一部分。我信任球迷、我的队友、工作人员。我信任他们就像我想象他们信任我一样。”

接下来文班亚马将参加在巴黎举行的夏季奥运会,他将代表他的祖国法国登上国际舞台。

文班亚马说:“今年夏天很特别,因为非常忙碌。”“但是的,我仍然可以有时间,我已经在法国和我的家人一起放松了一点,现在我将有时间练习,我希望在奥运会之后有一点时间,在赛季前锻炼。”

原文如下:

‘Future is going to be fun’: Wemby hailed as ROY

[Image] Andrew Lopez, ESPNMay 11, 2024, 04:30 PM ET

SAN ANTONIO – After teammate-led chants of “Wemby! Wemby!” a smiling Victor Wembanyama entered the theater at the Scobee Planetarium to a rousing ovation from the 50 or so children in attendance.

This wasn’t your normal Rookie of the Year award presentation – fitting for someone who has been dubbed an alien.

Wembanyama walked in and took his seat in the front row of the 100-seat theater with kids from local Boys & Girls Clubs, Big Brother/Big Sister programs and students from a nearby elementary school sitting amongst several of Wembanyama’s San Antonio Spurs teammates and staffers.

Before he walked in, Spurs forward Jeremy Sochan got the kids riled up and chanting as the Rookie of the Year entered the room.

Wembanyama and company watched a video about his rookie season – featuring clips from Wembanyama as young as seven years old – before Spurs general manager Brian Wright presented him with his trophy.

“This is one of the representations of our progress throughout the year and all the efforts we made on the court,” Wembanyama said. “I think receiving this trophy here with fans, with kids and everyone being happy to be here, it’s also a good feeling for me and a good representation of the love that we felt throughout the year. To me, this is the right way to receive [the trophy].”

On Monday, Wembanyama was named the unanimous winner of the Rookie of the Year award, becoming the sixth player to do so in the last 40 seasons and the first since Karl-Anthony Towns in 2016 with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Despite that, Wembanyama said he never felt that the race was over because he was focused on other things.

“I had other things to think about,” Wembanyama said. “I had a responsibility towards my team and the challenge of staying dominant and helpful for the team and also staying healthy. I had many things on my mind the whole season. It was no bigger than that.”

Wembanyama said he got goosebumps watching a video the Spurs prepared for him that featured clips of him playing basketball as young as 7 years old.

But after that played, Wembanyama accepted his trophy from Wright and then had his own video in which he thanked those who came before him with the Spurs, coach Gregg Popovich, his teammates, coaches, staff members, his family and eventually the fans, finishing the video with: “The future is going to be fun.”

“I’m realistic, I know there’s going to be videos of myself on the internet and they’re going to talk about winning the award, but there’s so much more to this,” Wembanyama said. "To me, it’s so much more to recognize each other’s greatness and value.

“I mean, this is not enough. This is barely something. I want to keep the momentum going and let everybody know they are a part of the family and a part of the story. I believe in the fans, my teammates, the staff. I believe in them as much as I think they believe in me.”

Next up for Wembanyama are the Summer Olympics in Paris, where he’ll get to represent his home country of France on the international stage.

“This summer is special because it’s pretty busy,” Wembanyama said. “But yeah, I’m still going to have time to, I’ve had time to relax already in France a little bit with my family, and now I’m going to have time to practice and I’m going to have just a little bit of time after the Olympics, hopefully to work out before the season.”

via ESPN