[SAEN]文班亚马轻松摘得年度最佳新秀荣誉

By Tom Orsborn, Sports reporter | San Antonio Express-News, 2024-05-06 18:06:49

由Gemini Pro人工智能翻译,译文内容可能不准确或不完整,以原文为准。

在 2024 年 1 月 24 日星期三弗罗斯特银行中心举行的 NBA 比赛下半场,圣安东尼奥马刺队前锋文班亚马(1)在俄克拉荷马城雷霆队中锋切特·霍姆格伦(7)头上投篮。俄克拉荷马城以 140-114 击败马刺队。

马刺队中锋文班亚马相信他将在自己的 NBA 职业生涯中获得大量奖项。

“如果我们成为即将成为的球队,这些奖项将是我们的目标,也是我的目标,”他最近说道。

马刺队远未成为让文班亚马获得联盟最有价值球员等重大奖项的精英球队。但即使本赛季他们取得了令人失望的 22-60 完胜,但这位 7 英尺 3 法国人的精彩表现不容忽视。

联盟在周一晚上宣布文班亚马成为了 2023-24 年度最佳新秀的一致获得者,他与大卫·罗宾逊和蒂姆·邓肯一起成为了马刺队历史上唯一获得威尔特·张伯伦奖杯的球员。

“我的目标始终是尽我所能帮助球队,并在本赛季取得进步,”文班亚马从圣安东尼奥对 TNT 说。“我知道为了做到这一点,我必须在场上表现出色并具有统治力。所以,这对我很重要,也很重要。它一直非常重要,我很高兴它最终正式确定。”

在社交媒体帖子中,文班亚马表示赢得该奖项代表了团队努力。

“我绝不可能独自做到这一点,”他在 Instagram 上写道。“这个奖励属于我的队友,属于从教练到教练组的所有工作人员,从自助餐厅的厨师到每晚在体育馆门口的引座员,属于马刺队组织,属于世界上最好的球迷,他们支持我们无论胜负。最后但同样重要的是,这个奖励属于圣安东尼奥市,我在这里找到了家。感谢大家”。

文班亚马成为法国的第一位年度最佳新秀,他从媒体小组获得了所有 99 张首位选票。自 2016 年明尼苏达森林狼队的卡尔-安东尼·唐斯以来,他还是第一位一致获得者,也是有史以来的第六位,加入了拉尔夫·萨姆普森(1984 年)、罗宾逊(1990 年)、布雷克·格里芬(2011 年)和达米安·利拉德(2013 年)的榜单。

尽管他在俄克拉荷马城以 57-25 的成绩完赛,从而在西部联盟中获得一号种子,但切特·霍姆格伦以微弱劣势位居第二,以 295 分的总分低于文班亚马的 495 分。

作为第一顺位新秀,文班亚马场均得到 21.4 分、10.6 个篮板、3.9 次助攻和联盟最高的 3.6 个盖帽,同时以 46.5% 的命中率、32.5% 的三分命中率(场均 5.5 次出手)和 79.6% 罚球命中率在 29.7 分钟内打了 71 场比赛。

他在得分、篮板、盖帽和抢断方面领先所有新秀。

因伤缺席了整个 2022-23 赛季后,霍姆格伦在 2022 年的第二顺位新秀,场均得到 16.5 分、7.9 个篮板、2.4 次助攻和 2.3 个盖帽,同时以 53.0% 的命中率、37.0% 的三分命中率(4.3 次出手)和 79.3% 的罚球命中率在 29.4 分钟内打了 82 场比赛。

虽然霍姆格伦的数据令人印象深刻,但文班亚马的数据却具有历史意义。

他是联盟历史上第一位在一个赛季中达到 1500 分、700 个篮板、250 次助攻、250 个盖帽和 100 个三分球的球员。他也是 NBA 历史上第一位在一赛季内超过 1500 分、250 次助攻和 250 次盖帽的新秀。在他们职业生涯的任何阶段中达到这些数字的其他任何年龄的球员也都是传奇人物,如卡里姆·阿卜杜勒-贾巴尔、哈基姆·奥拉朱旺和罗宾逊。

文班亚马也成为自 NBA 50 年前开始追踪盖帽和抢断以来,唯一一位场均能够得到至少 20 分、10 个篮板、3 次助攻、3 个盖帽和 1 次抢断的新秀。

不过,这位 20 岁的年轻人认为他本可以做得更好。

“我每天都试图更加努力,取得更多成就,打破更多纪录,获得更多胜利,”他在赛季收官战后说。“但第二天我总是告诉自己,我做得还不够,要更加努力。所以,我的第一印象并不是我超出了预期,(而是)我本应该做得更多。”

“更多”肯定很快就会到来,这对对手教练和球员来说是一个可怕的想法。

“毫无疑问,没人能和他相提并论,所以看他如何利用他的天赋和体型,将会很有趣,”金州勇士队教练史蒂夫·科尔说。“防守他或者在他面前得分肯定不容易。”

丹佛掘金队教练迈克尔·马龙说,“他是一位天生的天才,只会越来越好。”

在 2024 年 4 月 12 日星期五弗罗斯特银行中心举行的 NBA 比赛下半场,圣安东尼奥马刺队中锋文班亚马在丹佛掘金队中锋尼古拉·约基奇(15)头上投中了三分球。圣安东尼奥以 121-120 击败丹佛

费城 76 人队前锋尼克·巴图姆不寒而栗地想到未来几个赛季他的法国同胞会变得多么出色。

“他是一个特殊的人……特殊的人,”巴图姆在 76 人队加时赛中击败马刺队后说,尽管文班亚马最终得到 33 分、18 个篮板和 7 次盖帽。

“我看到波波(马刺队教练格雷格·波波维奇)引用的一句话,也许这是他表现最差的一个赛季,而这正是最可怕的地方,”巴图姆继续说道。“我们现在看到的情景可能是我们在未来 15 年内看到的最差的文班亚马。”

波波维奇在赛季开始时耐心评估了新特许经营基石的技能。这位 NBA 史上最成功的教练让“文班亚马”当了好几个星期的“文班亚马”,然后才开始微调他的比赛。

“他一直主要在外围打球,我们让他放下姿态,在自己的外围比赛中多打一些内线比赛,他逐渐适应了它,”波波维奇说。“他在处理身体对抗、衡量对手的速度、身高和运动能力方面有了明显的进步,并意识到他处在一个不同的联盟中,需要在这些方面进行一些调整。他做到了。

“他快速学习和将训练中内容运用到比赛中的事实,预示着他未来将成为球场上的杰出人物。”

文班亚马告诉 TNT,他在休赛期有“很多事情”需要处理。

“当然,从身体上来说,这项工作永远不会完成,”他说。“几个月前,我就制定了锻炼身体的计划。在篮球方面,有很多是我想努力去做的事情,也是波波和教练们希望我去做的。我已经在锻炼我的平衡感,并更好地利用自己的身体。”

文班亚马在 2 月 29 日以 132-118 击败俄克拉荷马城雷霆队的比赛中以出色表现赢得了年度最佳新秀。

在长途巡演后的第一场主场比赛中,文班亚马决心帮助马刺队结束当晚的五连败,他以 17 投 9 中和 7 投 5 中三分的数据得到 28 分、12 个篮板、7 次助攻、5 次盖帽和 2 次助攻。

这一努力使他成为 NBA 历史上第一位在一场比赛中得到 10 个篮板、5 次助攻、5 次盖帽和 5 个三分球的球员。

霍姆格

原文如下:

Wembanyama collects rookie of the year honors in runaway fashion

[Image] San Antonio Spurs forward Victor Wembanyama (1) arcs a shot over Oklahoma City center Chet Holmgren (7) during the second half of their NBA game at the Frost Bank Center on Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2024. Oklahoma City beat the Spurs 140-114.

Spurs center Victor Wembanyama is confident he will collect plenty of awards during his NBA career.

“If we become the team we’re going to become, these are going to be on our way and on my way,” he said recently.

The Spurs are far from becoming the elite team that would bring Wembanyama a major prize like league most valuable player. But even with their disappointing 22-60 finish this season, there was no ignoring the spectacular play of the 7-foot-3 Frenchman.

The league announced Monday night that Wembanyama was the unanimous winner of the 2023-24 Rookie of the Year Award as he joined David Robinson and Tim Duncan as the only players in Spurs history to receive the Wilt Chamberlain Trophy.

“My goals were always to help my team as best as I could and get better as the year went on,” Wembanyama said from San Antonio on TNT. “I knew in order to do this I had to be individually good on the court and dominant. So, it was a huge thing for me and a big thing to get. It’s always been really important and I’m glad it’s finally official.”

In a social media post, Wembanyama said winning the award represented a team effort.

“I would have never been able to do this alone,” he wrote on Instagram. “This one is for my teammates, for the entire staff from trainers to coaches, from the chef at the cafeteria to the ushers at the arena every night, for the Spurs organization, for the best fans in the world having our back winning or losing. And last but not least for the city of San Antonio, I found a home here. Thank you all.”

In becoming the first rookie of the year from France, Wembanyama received all 99 first-place votes from a media panel. He’s the first unanimous winner since Minnesota’s Karl-Anthony Towns in 2016 and only the sixth ever, joining a list that includes Ralph Sampson (1984), Robinson (1990), Blake Griffin (2011) and Damian Lillard (2013).

Even though he played a big part in Oklahoma City finishing 57-25 to claim the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference, Chet Holmgren was a distant second, receiving 295 total points to Wembanyma’s 495.

As the No. 1 overall pick, Wembanyama averaged 21.4 points, 10.6 rebounds, 3.9 assists and a league-best 3.6 blocks while shooting 46.5% from the field, 32.5% from 3-point range on 5.5 attempts a game and 79.6% from the free-throw line in 29.7 minutes over 71 games.

He led all rookies in points, rebounds, blocks and steals.

After missing the entire 2022-23 season due to injury, the 7-1 Holmgren, the second overall pick in 2022, averaged 16.5 points, 7.9 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 2.3 blocks while shooting 53.0% from the floor, 37.0% from beyond the arc on 4.3 attempts and 79.3% from the free-throw line in 29.4 minutes over 82 games.

While Holmgren’s numbers were impressive, Wembanyama’s were historical.

He was the first player in league history to reach 1,500 points, 700 rebounds, 250 assists, 250 blocks and 100 3-pointers made in a season. He was also the first rookie in NBA history to amass 1,500 points, 250 assists and 250 blocks. The only other players of any age to have reached those numbers at any point in their careers were all-time greats Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hakeem Olajuwon and Robinson.

Wembanyama also became the only rookie to average at least 20 points, 10 rebounds, three assists, three blocks and a steal since the NBA began tracking blocks and steals 50 years ago.

Still, the 20-year-old thought he could have done even better.

“Every day I try to push harder and to do more, get more achievements, more records, more wins,” he said after the season finale. “But the next day I always tell myself that I didn’t do enough and to push me even more. So, my first impression isn’t that I exceeded any expectations, (it’s) that I should have done more.”

“More” will undoubtedly come soon enough, which is a frightening thought for opposing coaches and players.

“There is nobody like him, for sure, so it is going to be fun to see where he goes with his talent and his size,” Golden State coach Steve Kerr said. “It’s not going to be easy to defend him, that’s for sure, or to score against him.”

Said Denver coach Michael Malone, “He’s a generational talent who is only getting better and better.”

[Image] San Antonio Spurs center Victor Wembanyama shoots a 3-pointer over Denver Nuggets center Nikola Jokic (15) during the second half of their NBA game at the Frost Bank Center on Friday, April 12, 2024. San Antonio beat Denver 121-120

Philadelphia forward Nic Batum shuddered to think how good his fellow Frenchman is going to be in the seasons to come.

“He is a special man…special,” Batum said after the Sixers recorded a late-season win over the Spurs in double overtime despite Wembanyama finishing with 33 points, 18 rebounds and seven blocks.

“I saw a quote from Pop (Spurs coach Gregg Popovich) that maybe this is his worst season, and that is the scariest part,” Batum continued. “What we are seeing right now may be the worst Wemby we see in like the next 15 years.”

Popovich started the season with a patient approach when it came to assessing the skills of the new franchise cornerstone. The NBA’s all-time winningest coach let “Wemby” be “Wemby” for several weeks before he started fine tuning his game.

“He’s always pretty much played on the perimeter and we got him down to play a little bit more of an inside game along with his outside game and he warmed up to it,” Popovich said. "He improved significantly in handling the physicality, gauging the speed, length and athleticism of his opponents and understanding he was in a different league and some adjustments would have to be made on his part in those areas. And he did it.

“The fact that he learns so quickly and carries things over from a practice to a game is a portent of things to come where he’s going to continue to be an awesome figure on the court.”

Wembanyama told TNT there is “plenty of stuff” he will be working on in the offseason.

“Physically, of course, the work is never going to be done,” he said. “I have had my plan for work on my body (in place) for months. For basketball, there is a lot I want to work on and that Pop and the coaches want me to work on. I am already working on my balance and using my body better in space.”

Wembanyama essentially clinched rookie of the year with a huge outing on Feb. 29 in a 132-118 win over Oklahoma City.

Playing at home in the first game after the long rodeo road trip and determined to help the Spurs snap a five-game losing streak that night, Wembanyama finished with 28 points, 12 rebounds, seven assists, five blocks and two assists while shooting 9 for 17 from the field and 5 for 7 on 3-pointers.

That effort made him the first player in NBA history with 10 rebounds, five assists, five blocks, and five 3-pointers in a game.

Holmgren finished with 23 points, seven rebounds, five assists and one block, but he was no match for Wembanyama, who punctuated back-to-back 3-pointers in the final 3 1/2 minutes with a blocked shot he captured in his humongous hand on Holmgren’s jumper at the top of the key.

“I’m convinced the best way for me to help my team is by individually performing for the whole season,” Wembanyama said afterward. “So individual award like Rookie of the Year are very important to me.”

With more wins, more awards will come. He’s sure both will happen.

“I wish I didn’t lose 60 games, of course,” he said at the end of the season. “But as much as it’s hard today, I know it’s for the long term, and I trust my teammates a hundred percent and I trust the project.”

By Tom Orsborn, Sports reporter , via San Antonio Express-News

由Gemini Pro人工智能翻译,译文内容可能不准确或不完整,以原文为准。

Andrew Lopez, ESPN,2024 年 5 月 6 日,下午 06:54 ET

维克托·文班亚马带着巨大的期望进入 NBA,他用联盟有史以来最好的新秀赛季之一做出了回应。

文班亚马在周一被评为 NBA 年度最佳新秀,获得了所有 99 张第一名的选票。俄克拉荷马雷霆队的中锋切特·霍姆格伦,2022 年 NBA 选秀中的第 2 顺位,以 98 张第二名选票位居第二。上个赛季的第 2 号新秀,夏洛特的布兰登·米勒排在第三位。

在过去 40 年中,文班亚马成为第六位一致获选的年度最佳新秀,加入了拉尔夫·桑普森(1984 年)、大卫·罗宾逊(1990 年)、布雷克·格里芬(2011 年)、达米安·利拉德(2013 年)和卡尔-安东尼·唐斯(2016 年)的行列。他还加入了马刺队的另外两名状元秀——罗宾逊和蒂姆·邓肯(1998 年)——成为该奖项的获得者。

“我的目标始终是尽我所能帮助我的球队,并在这一年变得更好,”在该奖项在 TNT 电视网的 NBA 季后赛赛前节目中宣布后,文班亚马从圣安东尼奥告诉 TNT 说。“我知道为了做到这一点,我必须在球场上个人表现出色并具有统治力。所以,对我来说,这是很重要的事情,也是一个很大的收获。这始终非常重要,我很高兴它终于正式落实了。”

在本赛季的 71 场比赛中,文班亚马场均得到 21.4 分、10.6 个篮板、3.9 次助攻、3.6 次封盖和 1.2 次抢断。最近一个在一个赛季中场均得到 20 分、10 个篮板、3 次助攻和 3 次盖帽的球员是沙奎尔·奥尼尔,他在 1999-2000 赛季的 MVP 赛季中做到了这一点。

文班亚马成为 NBA 历史上第二位在盖帽中领先联盟的新秀(自盖帽在 1973-74 年被正式记录为一项数据以来),加入了马努特·波尔,后者在 1985-86 赛季取得了这一成就。文班亚马是自阿隆佐·莫宁和奥尼尔在 1992-93 赛季做到这一点以来,第一个在一场比赛中记录 250 次盖帽的新秀。文班亚马在全明星周末之后场均 4.5 次盖帽,是迪肯贝·穆托姆博在 1994 年之后任何球员在周末后获得的最多盖帽。

他场均 4.81 次抢断和盖帽是自本·华莱士在 2001-02 赛季(他第一次获得年度最佳防守球员的那一年)做到这一点以来,任何球员在单个赛季中的最多“抢断”。

文班亚马是年度最佳防守球员的三名决赛选手之一,另两位是明尼苏达的鲁迪·戈贝尔和迈阿密的巴姆·阿德巴约。由于全防守阵容的无位置性,文班亚马可能会成为本周晚些时候第一个入选第一阵容全防守的新秀。

本赛季早些时候,文班亚马与法国记者开玩笑说戈贝尔应该赢得今年的年度最佳防守球员,但在此之后,就不再轮到他了。

周一,他说他想赢得这样的奖项——最终包括 MVP——因为它通常是衡量球队成功的一个良好晴雨表。

“对我来说,最重要的是始终要赢,”文班亚马告诉 ESPN。“你知道,赢得冠军显然是我想做的事情。但是,那些个人奖项说明了很多,说明球员在自己的职业生涯中取得了哪些进步才能达到那些高度。对我来说,它们很重要,我决心赢得一些。”

尽管他的防守表现给我留下了深刻的印象,但文班亚马的进攻却比许多人预期的更快。在 128 个三分球的加持下,他成为 NBA 历史上第一个在同一赛季中得到 250 次封盖和 100 个三分球的球员。

本赛季,他的场均每分钟得分 0.72 分,是自迈克尔·乔丹(至少 1000 分钟)以来新秀单赛季中得分最高的。

文班亚马还得到过两次三双——一次是助攻,一次是盖帽。1 月 10 日,他面对底特律活塞队得到 16 分、12 个篮板和 10 次助攻。一个月后,也就是 2 月 12 日,他在对阵多伦多猛龙队的比赛中得到 27 分、14 个篮板和 10 次盖帽。

在那之后仅仅 11 天,文班亚马在对阵洛杉矶湖人队的比赛中得到 27 分、10 个篮板、8 次助攻、5 次盖帽和 5 次抢断——5x5,成为 NBA 历史上最年轻的 5x5 球员。

在 3 月 29 日加时赛对阵纽约尼克斯队的比赛中,文班亚马在赛季中得分最高的比赛中得到 40 分和 20 个篮板。

自盖帽成为官方数据以来,职业生涯中还能得到 40 分 20 篮板、5x5 比赛和 10 次盖帽比赛的其他球员只有哈基姆·奥拉朱旺和安东尼·戴维斯。

尽管文班亚马取得了所有成就,但圣安东尼奥的战绩仍与上赛季一样——22 胜 60 负——并且在最后 11 场比赛中取得七场胜利才达到这个数字。

马刺仍然是一支年轻的球队,虽然没人认为他们的战绩不会提高,但文班亚马确实看到了长期愿景。

“在任何时候,我从未想过我无法处于最佳状态。我无法处于最佳位置。”文班亚马在赛季的最后一天说。“当然,我希望能进入季后赛,当然,我希望我没有输掉 60 场比赛。

“但即使今天很艰难,我知道这是为了长期利益。我百分百地信任我的队友,我相信这个项目。所以,这真的就是我的信心…从未在任何时候动摇过。”

美联社对此报道做出了贡献。

原文如下:

Wembanyama voted unanimous Rookie of Year

[Image] Andrew Lopez, ESPNMay 6, 2024, 06:54 PM ET

Victor Wembanyama came into the NBA with massive expectations, and he responded with one of the best rookie campaigns the league has ever seen.

Wembanyama was named the NBA’s Rookie of the Year on Monday, garnering all 99 first-place votes. Oklahoma City Thunder center Chet Holmgren, the No. 2 pick in the 2022 NBA Draft, came in second with 98 second-place votes. Last season’s No. 2 pick, Charlotte’s Brandon Miller, came in third.

Wembanyama becomes the sixth unanimous Rookie of the Year in the last 40 years joining Ralph Sampson (1984), David Robinson (1990), Blake Griffin (2011), Damian Lillard (2013) and Karl-Anthony Towns (2016). He also joins the Spurs’ other two No. 1 picks – Robinson and Tim Duncan (1998) – as winners of the award.

“My goals were always to help my team as best as I could and get better as the year went on,” Wembanyama said from San Antonio on TNT after the award was announced on the network’s NBA playoff pregame show. “I knew in order to do this I had to be individually good on the court and dominant. So, it was a huge thing for me and a big thing to get. It’s always been really important and I’m glad it’s finally official.”

In 71 games this season, Wembanyama averaged 21.4 points, 10.6 rebounds, 3.9 assists, 3.6 blocks and 1.2 steals per game. The last player to average 20 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 blocks in a single season was Shaquille O’Neal, who did it in his MVP season in 1999-2000.

Wembanyama became only the second rookie in NBA history to lead the league in blocks (since blocks were officially recorded as a stat in 1973-74) joining Manute Bol, who accomplished the feat in 1985-86. Wembanyama is the first rookie to record 250 blocks in a season since Alonzo Mourning and O’Neal did it in 1992-93. The 4.5 blocks per game Wembanyama averaged after the All-Star break were the most by any player after the break since Dikembe Mutombo in 1994.

His 4.81 steals and blocks per game average are the most “stocks” by any player in a single season since Ben Wallace did it in 2001-02, the first year he won Defensive Player of the Year.

Wembanyama is one of three finalists for Defensive Player of the Year along with Minnesota’s Rudy Gobert and Miami’s Bam Adebayo. Because of the positionless nature of the All-Defensive team, Wembanyama could end up being the first rookie ever to make first team All-Defense later this week.

Earlier this season, Wembanyama joked with French reporters that Gobert should win Defensive Player of the Year this year but that afterwards, it would no longer be his turn.

On Monday, he said he wants to win awards like that – including eventually MVP – because it’s usually a good barometer of team success.

“The most important to me is always winning,” Wembanyama told ESPN. “You know, winning the chip clearly is what I wanna do. But, those individual awards tell a lot about the path a player takes throughout his career to get to those heights. They are important to me and I’m dedicated to winning some.”

As much as he impressed on the defensive end, Wembanyama’s offense came along faster than many anticipated. With 128 3-pointers, he became the first player in NBA history with 250 blocks and 100 3-pointers in the same season.

He averaged 0.72 points per minute this season, the most in a season by any rookie since Michael Jordan (min. 1,000 minutes).

Wembanyama recorded two triple-doubles as well – one with assists and one with blocks. On Jan. 10, he had 16 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists against the Detroit Pistons. Just over a month later on Feb. 12, he had 27 points, 14 rebounds and 10 blocks against the Toronto Raptors.

Just 11 days after that, Wembanyama posted a 5x5 against the Los Angeles Lakers when he finished with 27 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 blocks and 5 steals – becoming the youngest player to achieve a 5x5 in NBA history.

In an overtime performance against the New York Knicks on March 29, Wembanyama had 40 points and 20 rebounds in his highest scoring game of the season.

Since blocks became an official stat, the only other players to have a 40-point, 20-rebound game, a 5x5 game and a 10-block game in their career are Hakeem Olajuwon and Anthony Davis.

Despite all of Wembanyama’s accomplishments, San Antonio still finished with the same record as they did a season ago – 22-60 – and it took seven wins in their final 11 games to get there.

The Spurs remain a young team, and while no one thought their record wouldn’t improve, Wembanyama does see the long-term vision.

“At any point, I never thought I wasn’t in the best situation. I wasn’t in the best place,” Wembanyama said on the final day of the season. "Of course, I wish we were into the playoffs and I wish I didn’t lose 60 games, of course.

“But as much as it’s hard today, I know it’s for the long-term. I trust my teammates a hundred percent and I trust the project. So, it’s really my confidence … was never shaken at any point.”

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

via ESPN

NBA Rookie of the Year Voting
Victor Wembanyama becomes the sixth unanimous Rookie of the Year in NBA history.
<pre>PLAYER 1ST 2ND 3RD TOTAL
Victor Wembanyama 99 0 0 495
Chet Holmgren 0 98 1 295
Brandon Miller 0 1 83 86
Jaime Jaquez 0 0 10 10
Brandin Podziemski 0 0 4 4
Derek Lively 0 0 1 1</pre>