By Jeff McDonald, Spurs Writer | San Antonio Express-News, 2024-04-13 12:08:24

由Gemini Pro人工智能翻译,译文内容可能不准确或不完整,以原文为准。

马刺前锋桑德罗·马穆克拉什维利(右)在加入球队轮换的 7 场比赛中有 10.4 分和 10.1 个篮板的数据平均值。

在圣安东尼奥度过的第二个赛季的前五个月中,桑德罗·马穆克拉什维利在马刺的轮换中一直是一个事后考虑。

在过去的两个星期里,他或许在他们的长期计划里赢得了角色。

由于近来替伤病困扰的马刺打出了稳定的表现,马穆克拉什维利已为球队在下个赛季续约他提出了理由。

教练格雷格·波波维奇说:“我们肯定要讨论这个。”

在重新加入轮换的 7 场比赛中,马穆克拉什维利场均 10.4 分和 10.1 个篮板,他是马刺结束赛季后强劲势头的关键因素。

在这个 24 岁的前锋中,在上周五马刺惊险地以 121-120 战胜卫冕冠军丹佛时,他创造了本赛季最高的 21 分,还有 12 个篮板。这是他在过去 7 场比赛中的第三次两双。

马穆克拉什维利的出现恰好赶上了他本夏季自由球员的期限。作为来自西顿·霍尔的落选球员,马穆克拉什维利于去年 7 月与马刺队签订了一份价值 200 万美元的为期一年的合同。

波波维奇最近称赞马穆克拉什维利是他最喜欢的球员,他对这个游戏似乎越来越印象深刻。

波波维奇说:“他可能需要一个获得稳定出场时间的机会。”“我们全年都看到了他的闪光点。其中一些是反复无常的,一些确实非常好,但这来自于试图开创事业的人。”

马穆克拉什维利本赛季已经参加了 45 场比赛,但其中只有 14 场的出场时间超过了两位数。在周日对阵活塞的赛季收官战进入弗罗斯特银行中心之前,他在连续七场比赛中至少打了 20 分钟。

至于一份新合同?

波波维奇说:“他值得进行认真的讨论。”

就他而言,马穆克拉什维利表示,他将欢迎重返马刺的机会,马刺在去年三月密尔沃基队放弃他后将他从废堆中救出。

马穆克拉什维利说:“我不知道未来会发生什么,但我喜欢在这里。”“我喜欢和大家在一起,与他们建立联系,学习,成长。我期待着未来,如果它在这里,我会非常高兴。”

文班亚马的赛季提早结束?

波波维奇在周五的比赛前说,他不能确定新秀球星维克多·文班亚马是否可以在对阵底特律的赛季最后一战中出场。

文班亚马错过了上周在俄克拉荷马城进行的背靠背的比赛的第二个晚上,而球队正在进入周日的比赛,其下午 2:30 的开场时间实际上也是一种背靠背。

波波维奇表示,文班亚马在周五的出场时间将决定他是否在周日活跃的问题。文班亚马对阵丹佛打了 37 分钟。

波波维奇在赛后表示:“这需要大量出场时间。”

波波维奇预计如果他不让文班亚马参加他新秀赛季的最后一场比赛,将会遭到一些反弹。

波波维奇说:“了解维克多,他可能会让我陷入困境。”

文班亚马在周五的比赛结束后表示,他希望出场比赛,并计划游说波波维奇。

文班亚马说:“我知道这是现在的一个热点话题。”“我的意思是,我觉得这个话题已经持续了几周,但我总是会为比赛而战。”

当被问及文班亚马是否有机会赢得这场争论时,波波维奇给了他一线希望。

波波维奇指出:“马努(吉诺比利)偶尔也会赢。”

文班亚马收到技术犯规

在周五上半场还剩 46 秒时,文班亚马因争论犯规判罚而收到了他职业生涯中的第二次技术犯规。

波波维奇认为技术犯规是应得的。他认为文班亚马在另一端没有得到类似的判罚。

波波维奇说:“你每晚都这样被打败,你就会感到沮丧。”“但他没有哭。他不抱怨。所以如果他一年想这样做一次,那就好了。可能应该再这样几次。”

这是文班亚马的第一次“真正的”NBA 技术犯规。

他收到的唯一其他技术犯规来自 11 月在俄克拉荷马城的一场比赛中,当时他因对自己感到沮丧而将球猛砸在地上,却没有抓住。

当球向空中弹起 10 英尺时,它会触发一次自动技术犯规。

周五的哨响不同。文班亚马明显对比赛针对他的判罚方式感到愤怒。

文班亚马说:“我肯定会回去观看。”“我讨厌比赛朝着那个方向发展,因为很明显可以看到一个方向。”

布兰汉姆加入停赛名单

二年级后卫马拉基·布兰汉姆在周五醒来后出现周三在俄克拉荷马城的失利所引发的脑震荡症状后被添加到停赛名单中。

他的头部被雷霆队的杰伦·威廉姆斯肘击,这一击也导致布兰汉姆需要症状。

这场伤病也将使他无法参加周日的决赛,加入伤病名单的还有德文·瓦塞尔、杰里米·索汉、凯尔登·约翰逊、切迪·奥斯曼、多米尼克·巴洛和查尔斯·巴塞。

原文如下:

Mamukelashvili plays his way into Spurs’ plans

[Image] Spurs forward Sandro Mamukelashvili, right, is averaging 10.4 points and 10.1 rebounds over seven games since joining the team’s rotation.

For the first five months of his second season in San Antonio, Sandro Mamukelashvili was an afterthought in the Spurs’ rotation.

In the past two weeks, he might have earned a role in their longterm plans.

Having been rewarded with consistent minutes for the injury plagued Spurs of late, Mamukelashvili has made a case for the team to bring him back next season.

“We definitely have to have that discussion,” coach Gregg Popovich said.

In seven games since rejoining the rotation, Mamukelashvili is averaging 10.4 points and 10.1 rebounds, a key ingredient the Spurs’ late-season surge.

The 24-year-old forward produced a season-best 21 points to go with 12 rebounds in the Spurs’ stunning 121-120 victory over defending champion Denver on Friday. It was his third double-double in the past seven contests.

Mamukelashvili’s emergence has come just as he is set enter free agency this summer. An undrafted player out of Seton Hall, Mamukelashvili signed a one-year, $2-million deal with the Spurs last July.

Popovich, who recently called Mamukelashvili his favorite player, appears more and more impressed by the game.

“He is one of those guys that probably needs a chance to get consistent minutes,” Popovich said. “We’ve seen flashes all year long. Some of it’s erratic, some of it’s really good, but that comes with somebody that’s trying to carve out a career.”

Mamukelashvili has appeared in 45 games this season, but has only logged double-digit minutes in 14 of them. He heads into Sunday’s season-finale against Detroit at the Frost Bank Center having played at least 20 minutes in seven consecutive games.

As for a new contract?

“He deserves a very serious discussion,” Popovich said.

For his part, Mamukelashvili said he would welcome a chance to return to the Spurs, who grabbed him off the scrap heap when Milwaukee waived him in March of last season.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future, but I love being here,” Mamukelashvili said. “I love being around the guys, connecting with them, learning, growing. I’m looking forward to the future and if it’s here, I’ll be very happy.”

An early end to Wemby’s season?

Popovich said before Friday’s game he could not certain if rookie star Victor Wembanyama would be available for the final game of the season against Detroit.

Wembanyama sat out the second night of a back-to-back last week at Oklahoma City, and the team is approaching Sunday’s game, with its 2:30 p.m. tipoff, as a de facto back-to-back as well.

Popovich indicated that Wembanyama’s minutes Friday would factor into the calculus of whether he is active Sunday. Wembanyama played 37 against Denver.

“It’s a lot of minutes,” Popovich said afterward.

Popovich expects some blowback should he aim to keep Wembanyama out of the final game of his rookie season.

“Knowing Victor, he’ll probably have me in a headlock,” Popovich said.

Wembanyama said after Friday’s game he would prefer to play and planned to lobby Popovich as such.

“I know this has been in the air,” Wembanyama said. “I mean, I felt it’s been in the air for some weeks, but I’m always going to fight to play.”

Asked if Wembanyama stood a chance of winning that argument, Popovich offered a glint of hope.

“Manu (Ginobili) won it once in a while,” Popovich noted.

Wemby gets technical

Wembanyama picked up his second career technical with 46 seconds remaining in the first half Friday for arguing a foul call.

Popovich believed the technical was well-earned. He thought Wembanyama wasn’t getting similar calls on the other end.

“You get frustrated when you get beat up like that every night,” Popovich said. “But he doesn’t cry. He doesn’t complain. So once a year if he wants to do that, that’s fine. Probably should have done it a few more times.”

It was Wembanyama’s first “real” NBA technical.

The only other tech he received came in a November game at Oklahoma City, when he slammed the ball in frustration with himself and failed to catch it.

When the ball bounced 10 feet in the air, it triggered an automatic tech.

Friday’s whistle was different. Wembanyama was clearly incensed at the way the game was being called against him.

“I’m definitely going to go back and watch it,” Wembanyama said. “I hate when games go in that direction because clearly a direction that we can see.”

Branham joins inactive list

Second-year guard Malaki Branham was added to the inactive list Friday after waking up with concussion symptoms stemming from Wednesday’s loss at Oklahoma City.

He took an elbow to the head from the Thunder’s Jalen Williams, a blow that also caused Branham to require symptoms.

The injury will keep him out of Sunday’s finale as well, joining an injured list that includes Devin Vassell, Jeremy Sochan, Keldon Johnson, Cedi Osman, Dominick Barlow and Charles Bassey.

By Jeff McDonald, Spurs Writer, via San Antonio Express-News